Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 2:12:55 AM EDT
How many licensed firearms holders are in the Thames Valley Region do you think? Not Shotgun, but Sec 1 holders?

I know TVP is big but there can't be THAT many.

There is ALWAYS a backlog on anything, to the tune of several weeks, even for a change of address. I hate sending my ticket back, I really do.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:07:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How many licensed firearms holders are in the Thames Valley Region do you think? Not Shotgun, but Sec 1 holders?

I know TVP is big but there can't be THAT many.

There is ALWAYS a backlog on anything, to the tune of several weeks, even for a change of address. I hate sending my ticket back, I really do.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Dave

devon and Cornwall really got there act together, on average a variation takes 1 week to 10 days at the outside.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
My last variation took a week with West Mids......which I thought was pretty good, although I still don't like sending the ticket off....I always take a copy to ensure that they don't change anything else.....

One thing that always bugs me is that I have to send my FAC to them via recorded delivery, but it comes back to me via 2nd class in a normal envelope.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Alison at Cumbria Police can generally turn them around in less than a week....... faster with a nudged phonecall.....  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Best I've had was a couple of hours, again Alison at Cumbria plod worked wonders, phoned her up and told her what the variation needed to be and that I would pick my ticket up/drop off the 101 on the way to York Guns later that morning.

Top notch service.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Here in Germany, If I buy a weapon on my hunter's licence and go to register it personally, I'm normally through in about 20min.

As a target shooter, thing's can get a little tricky as I have to provide alsort's of documentation that has to be okay'd by the (verband) club, which can take a few week's before you have everything that you need. Then everything is really fast they have the adjustment's to my card done in minute's and I go get what I wanted, then get it entered onto the card on the way home.

The major difference here being, that the Police don't do it, we have civil servant's who do all of the work.

Toe.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Best I've had was a couple of hours, again Alison at Cumbria plod worked wonders, phoned her up and told her what the variation needed to be and that I would pick my ticket up/drop off the 101 on the way to York Guns later that morning.

Top notch service.

2 fucking hours
You sure you're not doing her favours
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Same day for my Force, they are really switched on.

Oh, apart from that one time when my FAC came back with:-

One 5.56mm Olmypic Arms Semi-Automatic Rifle Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX

Temptation

However, I owned up

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Same day for my Force, they are really switched on.

Oh, apart from that one time when my FAC came back with:-

One 5.56mm Olmypic Arms Semi-Automatic Rifle Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX

Temptation

However, I owned up

Scaredy cat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top