Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2020 1:48:12 PM EDT
I moved to MD a year ago and I miss that fucked up state.  The gun laws here suck ass.  It is always cloudy, and rains a lot.  People are everywhere.  It takes a long time to drive out to the mountains.  Then when you get there it is full of people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It's amazing how I can't wait to get back when I travel.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Except for my time in the Army, I've lived here all of my life.  I can't wait to move to Arizona, where there are fewer communists.

The only time I will ever come back is to stock up on green chile for the year.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I left NM 45 years ago for work. I miss it a lot......but I don't think it's what it once was. Y'all are way more liberal than what I left.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's amazing how I can't wait to get back when I travel.
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I love this place.  Been here 25 years now.  It's a shame whats happening politically, however its still a beautiful place.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, we moved here in 94 as my base of preference choice as I retired from the Air Force. We love the climate and I love the access to hunting and fishing. But over the years we've found increasing dissatisfaction because of things we don't like: rising crime that our APD seems to ignore (I support cops but their hands get tied by liberal politicians), increasing influence from liberal factions from the East (Bloomberg's anti-gun group) and West coasts, loss of Constitutional freedoms, increased taxes, liberal Democrat-appointed judges who coddle criminals and make rather than follow the law (I always know the court will rule in favor of "the little guy" despite what the written law says),  and a citizenry that seems to accept the mantra I saw painted on the side of a run-down building in Rio Arriba county: "Vote Straight Democrat."  All of these things have led me to favor stronger borders with real, not electronic barriers, made we envy our Arizona neighbor with its Constitutional carry and envy our neighbor Texas with its pride in patriotism and more personal freedom. So my wife and I ponder almost every day: Should we move?  There are pros and cons. We stay for the climate...for now.  Runaway liberalism and corruption here is making us look hard at leaving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top