Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:06:43 AM EDT
I read on a site that there is a F4C Phantom tail number 411 on display in Ft Smith. I would like to verify it and it's location before driving 4 hrs to see it. I worked on one with that tail number in Vietnam and want a picture with it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Fort Smith. There is an F4 at the airport. Ill try to get you a picture in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
According to the info I can find

F-4C, 66-0411, with 75th TRW crashed at Bergstrom AFB, Texas Apr 25, 1967.  Both crewmen killed.

F-4C, 63-7411, on display at Arkansas ANG, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kevin_bell_photography/7679055656
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job BA. I went out there this morning. Always neat seeing them on display.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a lot guys, it's definitely worth the drive to get a picture with it. That one is one of the older F4C aircraft. I worked on all of the first batch at David-Monthan AFB and then on the same ones at Danag, Vietnam.

I'll be Ft Smith bound in the future.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks a lot guys, it's definitely worth the drive to get a picture with it. That one is one of the older F4C aircraft. I worked on all of the first batch at David-Monthan AFB and then on the same ones at Danag, Vietnam.

I'll be Ft Smith bound in the future.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I went out there with my brother-in-law, who is in the AF. They are displayed on base, behind the gate. They have one each of all the aircraft that have been stationed at that base. The last being the A-10. It was nice morning out there. A passing F-18 did a flyby and then landed. An older military single engine prop plane took off as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I sure wish I had a nickel for everytime I've seen that plane...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top