Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 12:27:20 PM EDT
Anyone ever been out to the Benton Gun Club for a night shoot? I don't really have any other place to go to get my IR laser dialed in. It doesn't say anything about hours of operation or the range being closed at night in the rules or bylaws so I assume it's ok. My only concern would be any nearby houses hearing the shots and calling the cops, but I'd be running suppressed so it would be less of a concern.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It is no problem. We have held night matches and I have been down there several times after dark. That being said if you are shooting at 3 am there may still be a sheriff dep called out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal, that's what I thought. Thanks for the answer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good deal, that's what I thought. Thanks for the answer.

Let me know if you want to meet out there some night, I would be up for a little night shooting myself.  And I only live 15min away.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe i should look into becoming a member out there. Seems like a pretty decent place for them to allow a little night shooting.

Are many of you guys members?

Brent
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Maybe i should look into becoming a member out there. Seems like a pretty decent place for them to allow a little night shooting.

Brent

The politics was a deal breaker for me.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brent

they all have problems. politics at benton, snobbery at casa, return fire at jefferson county....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brent

they all have problems. politics at benton, snobbery at casa, return fire at jefferson county....

Damn i miss living in the cuntry..
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Brent

Any time you have a 1000 people in a Club there are people that see things different. But as with most Clubs you can get into it as deep as you want by coming to all the meetings, making your voice heard or staying in the far background and using the Club facilities when ever you want.

We have a great facility with 7 different ranges. The longest range we have is 600 yards. Check out our website that has pics of all our ranges. www.bentongunclub.org
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brent

jefferson county, pine bluff and casa allow full auto, benton and mvsa don't.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

[jefferson county, pine bluff and casa allow full auto, benton and mvsa don't.

I allow it in my yard.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I allow it in my yard.

Where's your house?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brent

While I am fully for allowing FA at BGC, (limited to a certain range as does CASA).  I really don't think that plays a huge factor in 99% of the new people joining the club as the majority don't and probably never with own a FA.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I allow it in my yard.

Where's your house?

BFE
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I allow it in my yard.

Where's your house?

BFE

Nah, I moved.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brent

While I am fully for allowing FA at BGC, (limited to a certain range as does CASA).  I really don't think that plays a huge factor in 99% of the new people joining the club as the majority don't and probably never with own a FA.

I went to a meeting with the idea of proposing a bylaws change to allow full auto on the IDPA range. I was open to suggestions, the kind of crap that was suggested was a monthly full auto shoot which I would have to organize. I have only shot once in the past year. Maybe twice if I count Don's. I don't have time to make a date to shoot with a friend, much less attend and organize a shoot. I'll keep my membership to BGC, but I've decided to join CASA if I can ever get out there during a match to fulfill the joining requirement.

Edit fn ipad
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#16]
wah, wah, you act like doctors are busy or something.

I don't know how y'all do it, the chick's best friend and her husband are both MDs. She's in her last year of residency. Good people, never get a chance to peacefully take a leak.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#17]
It gets some better if you have a partnership. I get 4 days off per month which is fairly standard for a lot of docs. I'm working extra lately, but that's also funding my M16 and NT4.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#18]
want  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top