Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2010 11:14:38 AM EDT
In town here in Hot Springs working some contract for 6-8 months.  Just moved in from Texas.  How about some info on local ranges, and if any ARFCOM shoots are planned in the near future.  I look forward to meeting my fellow EBR shooters.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#1]
All the cool kids live in Central Arkansas, sorry .

Someone will be along shortly with some helpful info. I'm just here to post whore it up
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been known to travel a good ways for a good shooting expedition.  I'm just saying....
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to HS

There is talk of a HS-Hometown shoot August 7th before the IDPA night match at MVSA. I haven't seen details discussed yet.

There are a couple of IDPA/Carbine matches a month at MVSA. MVSA

There are a few public NFS ranges within easy driving range.  NFS RANGES

On Target is an indoor range here in town: On Target

––HS uncool kid
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I've been known to travel a good ways for a good shooting expedition.  I'm just saying....

I like ur style already!

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#5]
MVSA is the best place.

The public ranges are scary imho.

Send me a # in a pm and next time i go to MVSA ill let you know.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a dinner tonight in north little rock, you're more than welcome to come on up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a speed steel match at Benton Gun Club  It's a great place to shoot.

Stone
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Between Benton Gun Club, On Target and MVSA you have some good choices concerning places to shoot. I'll be posting more on the August 7th MVSA shoot in the near future. Like most shooting subcultures we are an interesting mix of folks. Hope to make your acquaintance soon.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Well if you ever are going shooting to a public place, just post and let everyone know. I frequent Bear Mountain Range myself, hell I was there last night! About the only "scary" thing out there are "thug whilin'" kids coming out there to shoot their GSGs and .380s
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well if you ever are going shooting to a public place, just post and let everyone know. I frequent Bear Mountain Range myself, hell I was there last night! About the only "scary" thing out there are "thug whilin'" kids coming out there to shoot their GSGs and .380s

Yea- but getting swept constantly with a gsg or 380 falls under the "scary" category to me.

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Is not a team member.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome, I'm about an hour south in Nashville and frequent HS quite often as I have several friends there.  I'm excited about the August 7 shoot at MVSA as it is a weekend and I tend to be off work.  Maybe you can make it and meet some locals.  

Steve
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea- but getting swept constantly with a gsg or 380 falls under the "scary" category to me.

Oh you were that guy that ducked with I flagged the line?! Sorry man, I thought you looked familiar! Har har....

Funny story. Went shooting there once with my nephew, and some kids had some kel tec carbine. It had electrical tape holding part of it together...well they let some girl that was with them shoot...she fired, and rotated that barrel our way. Yeah I could see she still had her finger on the trigger. So I know what you mean.  But if enough of us go out there, they'd have to sit and wait their turn!
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the replies.  It seems I will have places to play with my toys afer all.  I likke to shoot 3-gun matches.  Any of those competitions happening around here at all?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Far_right, IM inbound.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#16]
did you see the posts about how texans should rot in hell?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
did you see the posts about how texans should rot in hell?

They can't defend bad bar b q
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I was a transplanted Texan anyway.  Born
and raised in New England.  Uncle Sam brought
me to Texas.  Never was much for BBQ anyway.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ouch From bad to worse !!!  
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch From bad to worse !!!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top