Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:00:05 PM EDT
I opened a Gun Broker account last week and I'm looking for an FFL. I've been noticing that some say they charge sales tax. Is this normal? Am I paying tax on the firearm or just the transfer?  If you're in the Omaha area, who do you use?

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I would use SSA Enterprises in Papillion.  Call Vic at 402-339-1346.  Tell him that Alan sent you.

thanks,
alan
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Sales tax is just getting you for a bit more. The sales tax is paid by the consumer who buys the item, in this case you. If your being charged sales tax on the purchase AND sales tax on the transfer its just added fees to the price of the gun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sales tax is just getting you for a bit more. The sales tax is paid by the consumer who buys the item, in this case you. If your being charged sales tax on the purchase AND sales tax on the transfer its just added fees to the price of the gun.

I was under the impression that since I'll be buying online, I wouldn't be paying state sales tax. I went to one of the pawn shops that was listed as an FFL and the guy said he doesn't like to do them b/c it competes with him. Maybe if he wasn't asking new prices for used rifles, I would buy from him. I went today looking for a used 22lr pistol, but their prices were the same as buying new.

Alan, I'll give that place a call Monday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top