Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 2:46:00 PM EDT
Could someone point me to some info on registering a lower as an SBR?  I can't seem to find any info on here anymore and I tossed out all the hard copies I had as I never thought I'd end up doing it.

Thanks

Rob
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Arms and Tactics General Class 3 firearms. lots of discussions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't think you could have a SBR in Kansas
Edit  I just found out you could have SBR in kansas.  I had no idea
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:01:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask Spectre556, this is his little SBR thumpin machine he just got!

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#5]
MetalMan - Is that an SBR or a pistol?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I didn't think you could have a SBR in Kansas
Edit  I just found out you could have SBR in kansas.  I had no idea

You can have destructive devices and AOWs also, stop drinking the koolaid provided by the gun show croud.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
What is the end cost of an AOW in kansas.  

For example, if I take an AR pistol into my gunsmith, what is the walk away cost when I pick it up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats a rifle not a pistol.
You have to go to your CLEO and fill out all the paperwork.
You have to pay the tax stamp, which is $200. And the cost to have the receiever engraved with 'SBR'.
I'm going to SBR my UZI, and I have metal stamps that I will be adding the 'SBR' to the receiver myself.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What is the end cost of an AOW in kansas.  

For example, if I take an AR pistol into my gunsmith, what is the walk away cost when I pick it up.

The transfer of an AOW from your dealer is $5 for the stamp itself.
Making your own SBR or AOW on a form 1 is $200 As always this is a one time fee.

As for what you'd pay, your dealer would have to answer that one. He of course must be authorized to man. such a weapon in the first place.

So it's $5 to transfer an AOW and $200 to do your own.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
MetalMan - Is that an SBR or a pistol?

It's a rifle baby! Yeah SBR

At the last KDSC shoot I was handing that thing to anyone and everyone who wanted to run some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey since you have a Bayo lug, when do we get to see the 'ULTIMATE' home defense SBR?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey since you have a Bayo lug, when do we get to see the 'ULTIMATE' home defense SBR?

I think it was CMMG who had some super short bayonet a while back. I could hold a pen knife out farther with my offhand though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top