Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 1:07:36 PM EDT
Any one carry parts in town I can buy right now while I am here?
Specifically Guide rod and Guide rod plugs?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Wild West Guns of the Seward Highway Fontage Road.

I recall they has a rather big selection on Wilson Combat 1911 parts.

Also check Nothern Security. On Old Serward south of the University Center
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Wilson makes a great full length guide rod, no paperclip or tool needed for diassembly, just do it like normal.  That said they don't really aid function but the extra weight helps with shot steady and recoil recovery.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wilson makes a great full length guide rod, no paperclip or tool needed for diassembly, just do it like normal.  That said they don't really aid function but the extra weight helps with shot steady and recoil recovery.

I won't go with a full length again .
The whole reason I need a new guide rod is because the full length rod in my pistol separated .
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I only use them with a 1911 I like to swap uppers on, just remove slide release lever, replace slide, insert lever, done.  This is on one I like to shoot rimfire with.  I don't use them otherwise.  I swapped one out for Wilson standard GI length guide rod and cap cause the full length in it pounded the crap out of one of my suppressors.  Cycling it manually and it never touched the can but peened it all to hell when you live fired it.  Didn't notice until two magazines later, unfortunately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top