Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 3:40:07 PM EDT
As i recall i never seen any C3/SOT in Hawaii. Just wonder if HPD has any type of F/A firarms in thier arsenal? If so, how was it demo'ed or transfered over from the Mainland. There must be a hiden C3/SOT somewhere in Hawaii. Magnum does alot of HPD, but he does not have a C3.

Is HPD a PD without any full auto? Since the National Guard and Military is Fed they can do anything, but HPD is still civilian and needs the proper tranfers without paying Tax thru an SOT.

Anyone chime in?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Magnum is not a C3, but has had C3 items drop shipped to HPD SSD over the past 10 years.  Not having a C3 licence just means that we can not have any C3 in the store.  SSD (Specialized Services Division) has select fire, silenced MP5s.  They also are issued P226 in .40 as sidearms.  At first they were issued P226 in 9mm, but traded those with us a couple of years ago for the P226-.40.  The P226 we use for the basic handgun safety course and as a rental in our range is one of the P226-9mm traded in by SSD.

All other officers are not allowed any C3.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Only tranferables Pre May according to the article,  No Post May samples.
So I guess HPD is paying (Magnums fees) of taxpayers money for each tranfered weapon.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/nfa_faq.txt

Type 01 FFL holders, who are not
qualified to deal in nFA weapons, that is are not SOT taxpayers
(see below) may purchase any fully transferrable (no dealer
samples, see below) NFA weapon, from an out of state source. If the
FFL holder is an individual he must submit fingerprints,
photograph, and the law enforcement certification.

Law enforcement, states, and local governments are totally exempt
from the making and transfer (either to or from) taxes, but must
comply with the registration requirements.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So I guess HPD is paying (Magnums fees) of taxpayers money for each tranfered weapon.

They don't pay "Magnum's Fees".  They call Art and ask for a quote for X amount of whatever we are a dealer for.  Safariland holsters, P226's, S&W 5906 hi-cap mags, ... MP5's.  Whatever.  Art finds out the store cost, puts together a quote for $X HPD cost per item, and submits it to HPD.  If HPD gets approval to purchase whatever the quote is for from the finance division, we get sent a purchase order.  This is a legal document authorizing us to order from the manufacturer and deliver the product to HPD or have it drop-shipped directly to them.  Once they have the product, a check is cut to Magnum.  We buy from the manufacturer, and HPD buys from us.  Simple.  There are no "fees".
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't pay "Magnum's Fees".  They call Art and ask for a quote for X amount of whatever we are a dealer for.  Safariland holsters, P226's, S&W 5906 hi-cap mags, ... MP5's.  Whatever.  Art finds out the store cost, puts together a quote for $X HPD cost per item, and submits it to HPD.  If HPD gets approval to purchase whatever the quote is for from the finance division, we get sent a purchase order.  This is a legal document authorizing us to order from the manufacturer and deliver the product to HPD or have it drop-shipped directly to them.  Once they have the product, a check is cut to Magnum.  We buy from the manufacturer, and HPD buys from us.  Simple.  There are no "fees".

Too bad you guys cant get the Class 3, it would kick rentals up a assload if you could rent full autos for use in your range.  I used to shoot at a place in Moline, IL with my Dad when I was a kid that rented out full autos before Illinois law changed and the fun toys dissappeared.  $20 + ammo cost is all it took to burn out barrels on MP5s and other goodies.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
They have some really beat up MP5SD's.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too bad you guys cant get the Class 3, it would kick rentals up a assload if you could rent full autos for use in your range.  I used to shoot at a place in Moline, IL with my Dad when I was a kid that rented out full autos before Illinois law changed and the fun toys dissappeared.  $20 + ammo cost is all it took to burn out barrels on MP5s and other goodies.

YOU AIN'T SHITTIN'!!!  I'd work for free! (just kidding, Art)  The range buisness would at least triple instantly.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top