Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 1:03:13 PM EDT
I'll be at Magnum this afternoon.... wondering if anyone else wants to show up? I'll be the guy with short hair, khaki pants.... there will be a seabring convertable outside if i'm there.... first name is Paul.... just wondering....

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Still unpacking from yesterday, didnt have a chance to register with HPD either so gonna have to do Monday if work permits.  If they let me shoot a unregistered 1911 this weekend Ill be down.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
haha, well I didn't get to go either... planning on next saturday if I don't have to work....

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone who has the time get a group shoot together for Koko?

Paul, what did you shoot today? and what branch are you?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
didn't get to go.....

Marine Corps....

I'd be up for a weekend sometime....

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Love to, been going there by myself all these years. No one in my circle is gun friendly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to try this Sat.  Trying a new 223 load with varget.  I get there about noon and leave between 3-4.  I normally go with my gf.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I would, but I gotta make up for my anniversary that I missed due to unpacking household goos last saturday.  I did get my guns registered today, cant believe how many dumb little forms I had to fill out.  Firearms must be dangerous if they need to know where my medical records are.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
i may be able to... hoping to get my bike on friday (anyone ride a bike in HI? this is my first) so i could come by i'm sure.... as long as Vermont gets their end of the deal done (hoping....) will keep you up to date (oh and if i don't crash comming outta the parking lot of the bike place)

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i may be able to... hoping to get my bike on friday (anyone ride a bike in HI? this is my first) so i could come by i'm sure.... as long as Vermont gets their end of the deal done (hoping....) will keep you up to date (oh and if i don't crash comming outta the parking lot of the bike place)

-Roth

Motorcycle or bicycle?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#10]
haha, motorcycle.... trial by fire if i can get my permit on friday.....

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I commute every day on a KLR650.  Riding in Hawaii is great!  Park where  ever you want, 55 mpg when gas costs $3.20 per gallon, and the sun shines 350 days a year (but not this Saturday).  Good luck getting your permit.  The HPD motorcycle testers make it VERY HARD on the riders.  If you're not really proficient on the bike you're taking the test on, you probably only have one chance in three of passing.  What I did was to take the motorcycle safety foundation class at Sand Island.  At the end you get a certificate that you give to the DMV people to get your motorcycle licence that exempts you from having to take the dreaded HPD test.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Love to, been going there by myself all these years. No one in my circle is gun friendly.

I tried to put an AR15.com Hawaii shoot together a few months ago and only I and one other person spoke up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried to put an AR15.com Hawaii shoot together a few months ago and only I and one other person spoke up.

Next weekend is good for me, Ill show.  This coming weekend is getting worse as it gets nearer.  Ill bring the M1A and 1911 next weekend though, need to establish a good zero with the scope.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to take the class but that's not until Oct 22nd.... gotta get the bike soon (have a hold on it...for the past two weeks) i'm just waiting on my permit...  so this will be a learn to not die THEN learn how to ride experience... and I need to get from down by nimitz over to K-Bay...HAHAHA this should get interesting...

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm going to take the class but that's not until Oct 22nd.... gotta get the bike soon (have a hold on it...for the past two weeks) i'm just waiting on my permit...  so this will be a learn to not die THEN learn how to ride experience... and I need to get from down by nimitz over to K-Bay...HAHAHA this should get interesting...

-Roth

Its not that hard, almost like driving a stick, just different muscle inputs do different things; i.e. gas is brake, brake is shifter, left hand is clutch, right hand is other brake and gas.  Might wann practice a little in the parking lot or ride up to Young Guns and back doing a few stop and gos before you head home.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
What kind of bike do you own?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be getting a suzuki DL650K5 V-strom.... adventure tourer class bike... waiting on Vermont to clear up my licence so i can get my permit...as of today they didn't (and i got off at 1830....damn inspections)

This weekend I have duty- staying on base (first time since i got here!) and next weekend I'm supposed to be at Schofiled (i can't spell after two six packs of longboard....) at their mout town either with sims or MILES...we don't know yet...

on a good note- I'm supposed to be getting rid of my SAW and getting an M-4... only one in the plt with one!

-Roth
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'll be getting a suzuki DL650K5 V-strom.... adventure tourer class bike... waiting on Vermont to clear up my licence so i can get my permit...as of today they didn't (and i got off at 1830....damn inspections)

This weekend I have duty- staying on base (first time since i got here!) and next weekend I'm supposed to be at Schofiled (i can't spell after two six packs of longboard....) at their mout town either with sims or MILES...we don't know yet...

on a good note- I'm supposed to be getting rid of my SAW and getting an M-4... only one in the plt with one!

-Roth

At least you  won't be copying the idiots who learn on a CBR1000RR or R1!  Good choice on a first street bike.  If you can - get a dirt bike as well.  There is nothing better to teach good riding and fast reaction time than a dirt bike.  I know it's a bitch - having to get a truck to haul it and the gear you need to ride it in - but it's worth it if you want to develop the skills necessary to be a great all-around rider.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Didnt go shooting today, got my exhaust done on my Mercury and did the anniversary thing with the wife, went out to eat and did stuff without the child.  Will definitely be shooting next Saturday, not sure where but Id like to shoot the rifle so probably kokohead.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I got to go shooting today... but I was working, so it doesn't count.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:03:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Didnt go shooting today, got my exhaust done on my Mercury and did the anniversary thing with the wife, went out to eat and did stuff without the child.  Will definitely be shooting next Saturday, not sure where but Id like to shoot the rifle so probably kokohead.

I'll probably be there.  I wanted to do some load development this weekend but the weather sucks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I could only dream of having a job like that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it looses the fun after a while.... no matter how many belts of 5.56 you're given- "i'm up, they see me, i'm down" looses the fun after the first 100m.....

-Roth
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it looses the fun after a while.... no matter how many belts of 5.56 you're given- "i'm up, they see me, i'm down" looses the fun after the first 100m.....

-Roth

Ive alread got that job, dont get to shoot daily though.  Im talking about a job at a gunshop/indoor range where you get to shoot on your lunchbreak.  My lunchbreak Im lucky to get of Wheeler in time to eat and get back to work.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top