[#1]
Headspacers
5.45 &  7.62
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
suka,
thats the one.
the a-frame one still costs about the same to ship so we might as well pay just a little more and get the better one for the job. if we make one,the 12 ton bottle jack is $35 at home depot and the material and cost for having someone build one might be around the same price as buying one. id feel safer just buying the harbor freight model.
so far, i havent heard anyone else saying they are bringing anything but themselves and its a little disappointing. if everyone coming brings something it would definitely help. come on people wheres the spirit? lets make this build party the first of many more to come.

Just wished a had few extra bucks and get a Mini Lathe from them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#3]
for the headspace gauges i only ordered the go/no-go in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ill order the 5.45 guages on the first.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]
So about what time this year we gonna do this?  Think we could get it together by, say, March at the latest?  Summer wont be a good time for me, I wont be here until summer of 07' if it waits that long.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
End of Jan / Feb.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Works for me, just waiting on headspace guages (5.45) and another romy kit.  Ever figure out anything about the parkerizing or we gonna go ghetto on this one (alkaline batteries)?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:11:03 AM EDT
[#8]
That will be great that you have a set of 5.45 guages.
No Park kits, so we will need the homebrew route.

The batt thing should work or a chemical supply house can supply the
Phos acid, Powdered Manganese Dioxide
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#9]
end of jan/feb sounds good. the press will be here in another 15 or so working days. my friend is making a rivet jig based on plinkers jig diagrams, the barrel pin jig should hopefully be here soon as well. im working on getting the barrel removal/installation jig to make things easier. things are starting to come along here....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds good!!
I've already got the Trigger guard Rivit Jig.

Here's a waiver i wrote up, did i forget anything? Please look it over and have some input
Let have a fun and Safe build.....

Waiver & Disclaimer

I _______________________  DOB_________________ herein know as (“SELF”)
Hereby, Voluntarily participate “SELF” in the following related Activities. “SELF”
ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS, TO BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE. The host, members, spectators, volunteers, other participants or non participants, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, animals, or spiritual bodies to include “SELF”, each considered one of the ("RELEASEES") herein.

“SELF” FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT: (a) THESE ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF MINOR OR SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY AND OR DEATH ("RISKS"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by “SELF” own actions or inaction’s, the actions or inaction’s of others or "RELEASEES" in the Activity, the venue condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" to all parties weather participating or not; (c) there may be OTHER RISK AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known or not readily foreseeable at this time; and FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES , “SELF” incurs as a result of the participation known or unknown.

"SELF" HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE: "RELEASEES" FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON ANY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR “SELF” OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS AND FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT on "SELF" behalf, makes any claim against any of the "RELEASEES": WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE “RELEASEES” from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.

Amendments:
1. NO LIVE AMMUNITION shall be within the immediate possession of “SELF”.
2. An original “Permit to Acquire” issued by the State of Hawaii MUST be present.
3. All NFA, GCA, Federal, State Laws apply.
4. “SELF” or “RELEASEES” are not Law Enforcement Officer (LEO), staff, member, or
              acting on behalf of any State or Federal Agency ; ON DUTY officially or unofficially.
5. Tools are the personal property of their respected owners, each tool owner reserves the right to refuse its use to anyone. Drill Bits ,Taps, or other tools prone to common breakage are not to be shared. thus forewarned to “Bring your Own”. Shall "SELF" fail to bring any Tools listed (Hyd Press, Jigs, headspace gauges, Welder, other ________________________________________________
. A fee of $__________ will be "potted" for tool owner as compensation for its tool usage. The "host" has the right to collect reasonable compensation for electricity and other utilities; But may not charge any admission fees or property rental. Non builders "Spectators" may be inclined to a nominal donation of _________________________________________________________________.
6.             No alcoholic beverages shall be consumed or under the influence of any type of mind altering substance while physically operating a Power Tool, handling any completed Firearms or Live Ammunition.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#11]
that waiver looks good suka,
on another forum, they were recommending that if you didnt bring any tools w/you to the build party maybe a little donation of maybe $20 would help to recover some of the costs involved in acquiring the tooling for the builds split amongst the tool bringers. i think this is a good idea. these tools arent cheap and if they broke, they would cost $$ to replace them. maybe no alcohol until after the builds are done would be a good idea as well. whats a couple hours for a little safety. what do you guys think?  im also going to try the u type screw build as soon as the screws arrive, this may make building these kits much easier for us. ill post results when its done. on a side note, has your ps90 arrived yet? mine is still in wait, and the reloading press that should have been here last week is somewhere is usps land. hopefully it will be here soon. laters man.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Anybody can pull a 5.45 bullet, shoot off the primer, and reload the bullet back to the correct OAL?  I didnt order the go guage, I was planning on using a live round or dummy if available to save $28...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]
update so far,
the press shipped in three boxes of which 2 showed up as of 1/14. the frame is built but the box with the jack/handle hasnt showed up yet. my friend is still making the rivet jig, bolt cutter rivet squeezers are done, jig for barrel pin arrived, 4 kits demilled except for barrel pin, 1 more kit prepped for u-drive screw build, refinished all the wood on all kits, 5 receiver flats and rivets, us made parts ready, and still waiting for the 7.62 no-go headspace gauge.
hows everyone elses kits and stuff coming along? if everyone demills their kits things should move a lot quicker.  im really looking forward to the build party. i printed a step by step guide for building ak47s and hopefully things go smoothly. any word on how many people are coming and what date its going to be? laters.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Ive started the demilling process with my romanian kit, should have the wood stripped and started on the refinish tomorrow.  Dont know if Im gonna do the M92 kit, if I do Im not going to complete it until I move back to the mainland so I can SBR it.  Thinking about riveting trunnions to the reciever and applying the finish, but leaving the barrel out until I move.  Will have the 5.45 guages this week, working on parkerizing solution and a stainless pan from the dfac on Wheeler.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#15]
9 kits just sitting at home still in its plastic and shipping boxes.

I also got a caliber stamp made " 7.62x39 " 3/16 tall; so we all can get some nice
stamping on the sides. (min for BATF is 1/16 tall .003 deep)

So far COMFIRMED with tools are : just us 3
Anyone want to host? IM personal info only.
Please do not place your address or phone in public.
We dont need a VAN parked in the neighborhood taking pic. haha.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I would, but I live in a 2 bedroom apartment (700 sq ft), 2nd floor in Waipio.  My wife would get highly pissed if I had a bunch of guys over cooking kits in the oven and heat treating/degreasing on the lanai, presses on the counter and metal on metal hammering all day.  Anybody have a garage?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Listen if you pay for my flight I will help. I have built AK's, AR's,FAL's and some other kits....

Let me know when I should start packing I will sleep on the beach so you don't have to put me up.

Everytime year around this time I wish I was back in Hawaii...I miss it so much after my visit I am still depressed and crying.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Heads up, if anybodys looking for more kits...

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9089&page=1&pp=35
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Looking for help demilling kits.
I have too much kit to demill just by myself before the build.
IM me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Ill do your small rivets if you can get my long rivets out...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#21]
suka,
im sent.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:44:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Ok guys,
We need to set a date for the Build. (weekend or weekday).

I spent half a day today and only completly, properly demilled ONE kit , (romy).
only 10 more to go,  

Since Sunday is the Pro Bowl (less people) I will be going to KoKo and shoot something.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:45:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Ok guys,
We need to set a date for the Build. (weekend or weekday).

I spent half a day today and only completly, properly demilled ONE kit , (romy).
only 10 more to go,  

Since Sunday is the Pro Bowl (less people) I will be going to KoKo and shoot something.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Look for the skinny white guy with the M14, shooting at the gong.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey Nuffy,
When  are you going? Wanna meet  up at Zippy's Waipio?
Anyone else going?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hey Nuffy,
When  are you going? Wanna meet  up at Zippy's Waipio?
Anyone else going?

Breakfast?  Can do, would be great to get a group going sunday.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#27]
What time will you be going?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I want to go early, Ill probably eat at zippys around 730-8ish.  I may stop by WGS for .308 cause I dont wanna run out too soon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I got enough rivets and materials for 4 kits out of the 7.
Yugo UF, Romy Battlefield, Romy G sidefold, Tantal 5.45.
The Tantal Pistol and Romy Pistol will need to wait for more parts along with a New Polish AKMS.

A few Uzis are good to go. Hopefully a Uzi Pistol, Micro Carbine Uzi, Uzi SMG Battlefield pickup, 40cal Uzi, Heavy Mobile Uzi w/ bipod.

I beleive we will need at least 2 day to do a majority of the builds.

Tools avaiable from me are :
MIG welder
1/3 hp Drill Press
Bend Jig
Trigger Rivet Jig
Grinder 4" &  4.5"
Punches

I could build a Sand blaster cab w/ sprayer, but no Air Compresor or Media.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Ill piece together a park tank if you make the blaster.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn, there is a few barrel pins and barrels I cant get out with a vise and punch.
I need that 20t press.
Other than that all the kits are demilled.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#32]
If theyre ready to be pressed let me know and Ill take them in thursday when I press my pin and barrel on my yugo M92 kit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If theyre ready to be pressed let me know and Ill take them in thursday when I press my pin and barrel on my yugo M92 kit.

Ill drop it off tonight  (wed) , if ya dont mind. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ill drop it off tonight  (wed) , if ya dont mind. Thanks

Give me a call, or PM if you need the number again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Any update on who will be at the build party?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#36]
We need to drum up some support here.
So here's a TAPCO flat ready to be pressed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Let's set a Date just to bend some flats.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Wheres the guy with the press?  I cant do these at work.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#39]
im still around. my work schedule is all jacked at the moment. the next day available looks like next thursday march 2nd. let me know if that works for you guys.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Tuesdays and Thursdays are bad for me, cannot do without bringing the 2 yr old with me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
im still around. my work schedule is all jacked at the moment. the next day available looks like next thursday march 2nd. let me know if that works for you guys.

Thats not a problem, but if you have time earlier let us know.
If we just bend a few Flats only, it should take about a hour during the eveings and you wont need to break down the press.
Thanks again EO12
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Tuesdays and Thursdays are bad for me, cannot do without bringing the 2 yr old with me.

Kids are welcomed  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Thoose intrested in attending:

PLEASE READ, AGREE, and SIGN the disclaimer on this thread.
It will be on Thrusday morning in MILILANI . Please PM for more details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiver & Disclaimer

I _______________________ DOB_________________ herein know as (“SELF”)
Hereby, Voluntarily participate “SELF” in the following related Activities. “SELF”
ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS, TO BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE. The host, members, spectators, volunteers, other participants or non participants, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, animals, or spiritual bodies to include “SELF”, each considered one of the ("RELEASEES") herein.

“SELF” FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT: (a) THESE ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF MINOR OR SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY AND OR DEATH ("RISKS"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by “SELF” own actions or inaction’s, the actions or inaction’s of others or "RELEASEES" in the Activity, the venue condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" to all parties weather participating or not; (c) there may be OTHER RISK AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known or not readily foreseeable at this time; and FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES , “SELF” incurs as a result of the participation known or unknown.

"SELF" HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE: "RELEASEES" FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON ANY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR “SELF” OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS AND FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT on "SELF" behalf, makes any claim against any of the "RELEASEES": WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE “RELEASEES” from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.

Amendments:
1. NO LIVE AMMUNITION shall be within the immediate possession of “SELF”.
2. An original “Permit to Acquire” issued by the State of Hawaii MUST be present.
3. All NFA, GCA, Federal, State Laws apply.
4. “SELF” or “RELEASEES” are not Law Enforcement Officer (LEO), staff, member, or
acting on behalf of any State or Federal Agency ; ON DUTY officially or unofficially.
5. Tools are the personal property of their respected owners, each tool owner reserves the right to refuse its use to anyone. Drill Bits ,Taps, or other tools prone to common breakage are not to be shared. thus forewarned to “Bring your Own”. Shall "SELF" fail to bring any Tools listed (Hyd Press, Jigs, headspace gauges, Welder, other ________________________________________________
. A fee of $__________ will be "potted" for tool owner as compensation for its tool usage. The "host" has the right to collect reasonable compensation for electricity and other utilities; But may not charge any admission fees or property rental. Non builders "Spectators" may be inclined to a nominal donation of _________________________________________________________________.
6. No alcoholic beverages shall be consumed or under the influence of any type of mind altering substance while physically operating a Power Tool, handling any completed Firearms or Live Ammunition.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#44]
I cant do it on weekday mornings, work wont permit.  My only real free days are the weekends.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#45]
So, when do we get pics?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top