Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2020 3:42:14 PM EDT
Hit the show this morning.  Masks mandatory (probably a good idea).   Aisles were wide enough for social distancing.

Pretty sparse crowd.  Surprisingly so.  Inventory levels were fine for the most part. Prices about the same.  Stuff was moving but I didn’t get any sense of panic buying. Dealers said Friday night and Saturday morning were busy but no overwhelming. Slow ever since    

Reloading supplies picked over except powder.  Plenty of ARs, Glocks, and most everything else was available.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I was there with a friend, both of us bought S&W model 10s from the batch of imports that was available last year, at the price Classic was listing them at so we went home happy, I also grabbed a 14" Contender barrel in .35 Remington and some .50BMG ammo. Prices I noticed fell between pre-panic and early panic levels, nothing terrible.

That is, until I saw the Garands, being used to CMP prices. The cheapest Garand I saw was $1300(I know of several that have sold in the area at that price range so not out of line) and IMO looked like the current field grades. Neither of mine are for sale, but open market prices are fast approaching a number that will change my mind.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought powder, primers and bullets from Bob's on Friday night.  He had plenty then.

kwg
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top