Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2020 10:13:23 AM EDT
I see my hometown made the news.  I was actually in D'port Saturday picking up a load of stuff from mom's house.  Scattered all over town from the sounds of it.  NorthPark, westside Walmart, Elmore area and north of downtown.  

The QC has always had an edge to it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
20 years ago you would have expected it in Rock Island.  But now it has moved across the river. Doesn't sound like anything organized so far but two are taking dirt naps thanks to PD.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always thought that Davenport was a pretty rough town.   Who were the two that were shot and killed?  Rioters?  Who shot them?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've always thought that Davenport was a pretty rough town.   Who were the two that were shot and killed?  Rioters?  Who shot them?
View Quote

The whole QC is pretty rough with the possible exception of Bettendorf.  Blue collar river town.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Not real clear who the people shot were.  At least one Davenport officer injured but doesn't sound life threatening.  Sounds like things were cooking off all over town.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I live near Davenport. One of the people killed was killed by another rioter because they wanted to leave when it got out of hand. (That’s not fact but the story from the girls sister who died).   There are no people killed by PD yet that I know of.  The police officer that was shot did return fire no word on if it connected.

Most of what’s going is imports from other cities acting a fool.  How long are people going to put up with this nonsense before they fight back ?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]
A few well placed 22rf shots from a cheap semi-auto rifle that is promptly lost in the river worked very well in the Buffalo, NY riots in the late 1960's.

Kinda like Kent State; it was all fun and games till the adults said enough is enough.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#7]
To my knowledge it was not the police who shot the two killed. One was a protester leaving the protest at the west end Walmart. It was fellow protesters who shot that one. The other was at another location. Not sure where that was, got two different stories on it. It was either somewhere around w15th or the Neckers not too far from NW bank.  One officer was shot in a staged ambush in an alley. It sounds like the resulting car chase after the ambush netted a few of those dirtbags. There were rumors of the rioters planning on hitting Eldridge and DeWitt last night but nothing on the news about that happening.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To my knowledge it was not the police who shot the two killed. One was a protester leaving the protest at the west end Walmart. It was fellow protesters who shot that one. The other was at another location. Not sure where that was, got two different stories on it. It was either somewhere around w15th or the Neckers not too far from NW bank.  One officer was shot in a staged ambush in an alley. It sounds like the resulting car chase after the ambush netted a few of those dirtbags. There were rumors of the rioters planning on hitting Eldridge and DeWitt last night but nothing on the news about that happening.
View Quote

Coverage has been real spotty.  I suppose its a confused mess.  Apparently Coralville got sporty a couple nights ago.  Ames has been completely quiet.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Checked the news this noon.  Appears one of the deceased may have been one of the shooters of the police.  All appear to be in custody after a high speed chase.  Charges filed but so far haven't heard any names or seen photos.  The report was this was a heavily armed group driving around town.  They have them on surveillance video at the jewelry store.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Sad
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Checked the news this noon.  Appears one of the deceased may have been one of the shooters of the police.  All appear to be in custody after a high speed chase.  Charges filed but so far haven't heard any names or seen photos.  The report was this was a heavily armed group driving around town.  They have them on surveillance video at the jewelry store.
View Quote

Total of 8 arrested. All prior felons.

Latest video from KWQC TV6

Another with storyline. Updated this evening.

https://www.kwqc.com/content/news/New-details-released-in-Davenport-shootings-during-night-of-violence-570948331.html
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top