Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/26/2019 7:54:46 AM EDT
Boy the Register sure stepped in it with this Carson King article.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of folks.

He seems to be taking the High Road in the aftermath.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I enjoyed reading the comments on their Facebook page yesterday.

Scum sucking schoolyard bullies.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It's unfortunate that they skipped any good posts in the "routine background check" he may have had and went right for the dirt. Good on Carson for taking the high road!
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Apparently RAGBRAI has just donated $50K to Carson King's fund.  I'm sure that's PURE coincidence.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Aaron Calvin had this line of shit to say.

"I recognize that I'm not the first person to be doxxed like this — this whole campaign was taken up by right-wing ideologues and largely driven by that force," Calvin said to BuzzFeed. "It was just a taste of what I assume that women and journalists of color suffer all the time, but the kind of locality and regional virality of the story made it so intense."
View Quote
He also stated that his own tweets were taken out of context.

Fuck him!
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aaron Calvin had this line of shit to say.

He also stated that his own tweets were taken out of context.

Fuck him!
View Quote
That cunt spun a line where it had no bearing. I hope he reaps the benefits of SJW style journalism.

Piece of shit spineless cuck he is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck them! I can’t wait until no one reads their shitty papers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Reading down through the tweets was epic...
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Ragbrai staff quit and have started a new bike ride because of this.

2 bike rides across Iowa next year!?
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Apparently RAGBRAI has just donated $50K to Carson King's fund.  I'm sure that's PURE coincidence.  
View Quote
Well, I'm not so sure now.

And by the way, I would guess that you started said monkey shit fights at the zoo, just because you could.
It's that kind of stuff people love about you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And by the way, I would guess that you started said monkey shit fights at the zoo, just because you could.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't start monkey shit fights but I do encourage them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ragbrai staff quit and have started a new bike ride because of this.

2 bike rides across Iowa next year!?
View Quote
This is going to get interesting, new ride will release their route in November, RAGBRAI releases their route in late January.

I've done the full ride once and there was discussion about going again in 2020.  My vote is for the new "Iowa's Ride" event.

Former RAGBRAI Director's comments about what led up to them all resigning.

"This from RAGBRAI Director, TJ Juskiewicz:

Dear RAGBRAI Nation-

This is a bittersweet day for me and my team. Today, your RAGBRAI Director for the past 16 years and the entire RAGBRAI staff has resigned.

RAGBRAI’s parent companies (Des Moines Register & Gannett/USA Today) claim “we will uphold First Amendment principles”, but they refused to offer me that same opportunity to openly speak to the RAGBRAI Nation and answer the hundreds of passionate questions asked about the future of RAGBRAI following the Des Moines Register’s handling of the Carson King story.

I have always been totally transparent with the RAGBRAI Nation and have earned their trust since my first day in 2003. In these past few weeks, my efforts to communicate with our loyal riders has been consistently blocked as it did not mesh with the company’s PR narrative to spin the Carson King embarrassment. There are hundreds of questions that have been left unanswered in an attempt to save face for the Register, without regard to how it affects RAGBRAI.

I was informed, “Leadership and our PR professionals are in agreement that we don’t want to issue any more public statements on this matter — it is largely dying down publicly, and they see no advantage to re-igniting it at this point.” And then added, “glad to work with you on talking points for interviews regarding RAGBRAI if the Carson King situation comes up.”

So, after 16 great years of service, I was effectively hushed and offered talking points to deal with a mess that had nothing to do with RAGBRAI!

I can no longer be an effective leader when my principles are compromised by the leadership of Gannett/Des Moines Register. If we balked this time, I couldn’t image any future thoughts of making decisions in the best interest of YOU the riders and the great state of Iowa.

So, the entire RAGBRAI staff resigned today.

I promised my mentor Jim (Greenie) Green that I would maintain this great ride across Iowa. I also made that pledge to the late wagon master Don Benson and 89-year-old co-founder John Karras.

You will see this team that just resigned resurface in the near future. So stay tuned!

Thank you for trusting us with the GREAT RIDE!

Sincerely,

TJ Juskiewicz,
RAGBRAI Director
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top