Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2018 9:41:44 AM EDT
I had 1 any sex and 2 antlerless tags for 2nd season. Filled them all with ease. I used my Ruger American in 450 Bushmaster for my buck and 1 doe, and my Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley hunter in 44 MAG for the other doe. I even managed to get 1 nice coyote with my 243 that I caught visiting one of my gut piles.

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I took four total during second season. It seemed there deer were plentiful this year. I’m suspect the cooler temperatures may have helped. I used a 450 Bushmaster with a suppressor. If you do your part it shuts them down, and your ears don’t ring afterwords. I was hoping to recover one of the 250 gr FTX bullets, but all were pass through shots. They all dropped where they were hit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice deer!

I don't deer hunt much, but man I'd like to get a .450 Bushmaster upper.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a good season you had OP bonus coyote is icing on the cake.

I seen a ton of coyotes 3 otter and 1 bobcat during 1st season.

We have a real dark about black yote running around that I'd very much like to kill.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a great 2nd Season, our group totaled 9 deer and I managed to get 6 of those.  Where we hunt though it seems numbers were down this year and there were no large deer taken.  Mostly 1.5yr olds and 2 yearlings...

Mine were all taken with 450Bushmaster with Hybrid suppressor and like the poster above me commented it just lays em flat if you connect where you should.

The other hunters we talked to in the area mentioned the same thing about no real big deer.  I think its a byproduct of too many anterless tags for that county
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting rack on the buck, OP. Glad you did well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice deer!

I don't deer hunt much, but man I'd like to get a .450 Bushmaster upper.
View Quote
I have one coming in Wednesday. Took a chance on a Bear Creek upper for $239. The Veteran's Day barrel I got last year shoots straight, so I couldn't resist the price.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Down year for us.  Filled one of six.  Warren County.  We lost our best ground.  Second time in five years we lost a prime spot.  We still have access to ground down there but it's getting harder.

Seems very hit or miss this year.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top