Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/15/2009 4:17:38 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the Van Meter range is still in operation?  I believe the name of the club is the Des Moines Rifle and Revolver Club, and I think I found their website at Iowahighpower.com/dsm, but it doesn't' appear to have been updated in a number of years and I couldn't find any information about who an application should be sent to.

Thanks,
Jake
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.iowahighpower.com/iaClub-desmoines.htm

Not sure if the gentleman on the above page is the high power officer or the following.....

Mark R. Salmi
Indianola, Iowa
(515) 961-7273
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]
i don't know the point of contact, but they are indeed in operation.  pretty nice facility.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to go talk to George Sutton at Sutton Jewelry, he is in a little strip mall at 3019 Merle Hay Rd.

He will give you an application to send in and one of the range "officers" will meet with you to give you "the briefing" where they explain the rules and show you what's available to use at the various ranges and give you a key.

Its a great facility and please follow the guidelines they give you.  Some of them don't make sense but just do things the way they want and all will be good.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top