Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2008 1:24:41 PM EDT
I am trying to re-new my permit to purchace but I live in Linn county so they are a little busy w/ cleaning up thier office. My question is can I goto another county to re-new it? I am not able to get ahold of a sherrif to get an answer.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
nope.  county issued.  read through the tacked thread here on the gun regs and various links.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am trying to re-new my permit to purchace but I live in Linn county so they are a little busy w/ cleaning up thier office. My question is can I goto another county to re-new it? I am not able to get ahold of a sherrif to get an answer.

I'm in the same boat. My Linn county CCW permit expired last Friday and I cannot get it renewed because of them being closed.
The Sherriffs office will soon be relocated to the Abbe Center up on County Home Rd.
The new phone number you can call to ask questions about permits is 892-6250.
They should be able to help you out there.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#3]
yes it does thank you so much. I tried reading the laws and reg but its like reading stereo instructions.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Great news everyone in Linn County.  The sherrif's office is up and running and now able to issue permits. They are located in the Abby Center on hwy 13 and county home rd.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Great news everyone in Linn County.  The sherrif's office is up and running and now able to issue permits. They are located in the Abby Center on hwy 13 and county home rd.

This is correct and great news. I was just there yesterday to renew my CCW that had expired June 20th.
You enter in through a glass door kind of in the middle of the building and signs will direct you to the right and down to the end of the hallway.
Everything is still a little chaotic yet, but they are very helpful in spite of it all.
If you need to call them regarding CCW or purchase permits, you can call them at 892-6250.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
They basically told people to piss off for a while.  But it sounds like they are back to some resemblance of function again.  Good news.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top