Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2006 11:44:12 PM EDT
anyone from the CR area go to the rock river arms day sponsored by cedar valley outfitters at the nlf&g club over the weekend? there was a shoot where you could test out like 9-10 ar rifles and enter a drawing for a free rifle from rra for only 20 bones. the sales staff from rra was also on hand with another 10 or so demo rifles and were very nice and knowledgable people. they even had some le full autos there and a .458 socom they let the cops shoot. also heard it is going to be an annual event sponsored by cvo in marion, ia. sorry should have posted this info a couple of weeks ago but did not realize how big the event was until i got there. something like 150 people showed up which is big for this type of event in this neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
hadn't heard of that one.

you suppose folks like RRA, Superior, and other locals would participate in an Iowa HTF shoot?  maybe that would be a nice way to get a crowd of folks out there.

anyone?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
We have attended past hometown shoots.  I have made the trek to bays branch twice in the last 18 months, and had a last minute conflict on business or i would have made this last one.

Leo Williams
Superior Arms
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
leo, sorry about that.  i didn't want anyone to misunderstand.  Superior Arms has been a great supporter of local shoots.  

i was thinking faster than i was typing.  what i was trying to convey was a thought about a sponsor or possibly something like the raffle, etc. at one of our shoots.  i'd certainly buy a few tickets for that.

it gives all new meaning to the arfcom IA HTF raffle....

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We have attended past hometown shoots.  I have made the trek to bays branch twice in the last 18 months, and had a last minute conflict on business or i would have made this last one.

Leo Williams
Superior Arms

leo, it would have just been you and i t the last one as nobody else showed up.

damned fairweather shooters anyhow.

bb
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]

We have attended past hometown shoots. I have made the trek to bays branch twice in the last 18 months, and had a last minute conflict on business or i would have made this last one.

Leo Williams
Superior Arms

I was glad that Superior was at the shoots, they made my decision to purchase their rifle a lot easier.  

Anytime you can get a manufacturer to show up for anything, it shows that they care about the customer.

Thanks Superior!

Coltgunner
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at the shoot.  Except for the rain and cold, it was a nice day.  

My favorite was the Coyote rifle (at the end with the scope).  It was sited in perfectly.  One could peg clays at 200 yards all day.  

The .458 Socom was nice

I hope it becomes an annual event.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top