Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:13:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks man, I know everybody appreciates it.  Wish I was able to make it to the shoot!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
how i wish this list was available b4 the gun show.  now i need to find a place to find some of the 8mm.  the rest shouldnt be too bad, but 8mm might be a trick for me

i will overcome the odds

Brett
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]
its quite alright, i think i found some without leaving town.  i forgot about the overpriced shop here in town.  it will most definatley be worth it and i do really appreciate you bringing all of the firearms that most of us cannot have.  see you at the shoot

Brett
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm planning to attend. I'll be bringing my video camera and my digital camera as well. So make sure you take a bath, shave and have  your teeth in.

I plan to bring my Serbu BFG-50 .50BMG, If anyone would like to shoot it, the rounds are $1.50 apiece. (Paypal not allowed) I highly recommend you have the best earplugs you can get, I will have earmuffs to go over your plugs.  I won't allow anyone to shot this rifle unless they have double ear protection. (Plugs AND Muffs)

Will also bring a Semi-Browning 1919A4/A6 in .308 Win or 8mm Mauser if I get the conversion in before the shoot. You supply the ammo for trade. NO Corrosive ammo.  I run metal links and will bring a linker. I'll update if I get the 8mm conversion in and running.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, that'll be me. Actually it's a 1953 M38A1 and I still don't think I have all the brass dug out from under the fuel tank yet. Every now and than, another case works itself out from underneath.

I have about a dozen virgin belts for the M1919A4, any possibility of someone bringing their belt loader, they are a bear to load by hand. Not sure how you guys have your loaders mounted and whether it would be easy to bring.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I sort of need an answer ASAP, on whether or not this ammo will work in the 8mm machine guns.  I purchased this ammo new in 70 rnd bandoleirs for an old Turkish mauser that I got cheap somewhere.  The ammo is Turkish surplus (probably corrosive, but will at least match the other corrosive belts) and is stamped " /7.9/FS/1942/T (turkish symbol) C ".  I also think that this stuff may be steel core, but am unsure.  I purchased this stuff through Cheaper than Dirt about 1 year ago or so.  Can this be used?  or am I gonna have to find some other option. Thanks, Dave.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Turkish surplus is ok for bolt guns, but from what limited experience I have with turkish in belt feds, I don't think it's very safe. I would suggest looking for some other 8mm. Romanian works good. But the owners of the guns will be the best guys to get a answer from. I'm bringing romy and yugo stuff myself.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for checking, I finally found a place on the net to get some Yugo, but it will be too late for this weekend.  Time flew by and I screwed up and forgot to order some ammo last week.  The 8mm will probably not make it in time.  Either way it'll get shot in something sooner or later.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Yee, hah...  thanks for the reply.  I've never had any problems with this Turkish ammo in my old mauser and I've shot through almost everything with it.  I was sort of depressed, just thinking that I may not be able to try one of the belt guns out.  Life is good sometimes.  Dave  
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top