Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 11:01:12 AM EDT
Moving into my house tomarrow for the school year.  Are there any dealers/shops/ranges in the iowa city area?  Im hesitant to take my AR with me unless i get a locking hard-case (planning on it).  but i need to find somewhere to shoot it.  thanks for the help.

Jservis
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah theres the pit  just west of IC

Quoted:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textBody><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Quoted:
Pssst...
about 8 miles north of I-80 on 218. Just past the Res on the West side turn on Coo Falls. Prolly 2 more miles on the North side. All the mud and spent shells you can stand to walk over. I'm not sure of the yardage, cost is $0.00 and bring your own targets, bug repellent, etc.
Ssshhhhh...don't tell anyone...

Yep, I have been there.  It is only 80 yards or so to the back stop.  Everyone calls it the pit because you can bring anything you want to shoot out there.  Just make sure you wear boots or something because there is alot of glass.  Also there are some crazy people out there that you have to watch out for.

theres a Scheels in IC and a Gander Mtn in Cedar Rapids but buth of them told me we are pratical not tatical. and there is a great gunshop in Cedar Rapids/Marion Called Cedar Valley Outfitters
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
IC has a decent shop called the Ammo Bearer. Stop in and see Roger. He'll talk your ear off but he's pretty helpful, knowledgeable and honest. See you at the fun show this weekend!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Ammo Bearer is always at the Des Moines gun shows, you're right as he does enjoy talking.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Best bet for shooting is Central City Range in Cedar Rapids.  About 40 minutes from IC.  Well maintained, safe shooters, and you can shoot anything.  Get a membership ($25 year?) at Cedar Valley Outfitters or shoot me an email and I'll take you up there to check it out.  I'm in Coralville. Welcome!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been going up there to Central City the last couple years to shoot. I believe its up to $37 a year now. With all the construction going on it seems to be getting harder and harder to get there. I had to take a couple detures a week or so ago when I went up there. It is a nice place to shoot though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ammo Bearer is nice.

My favorite shop is in marion CedarVallery Outfitters.

the Sports Outfitters is kinda creepy with the grumpy old man though can be cool when he gets going usually prefers to be to himself in back room doing god knows what. has indoor range bout 10 lanes for pistol havent tried the rifle.

outdoor I hit the wetland north of coralville south of the CR airport though is under construction.

is another outdoor range at park north of marion havent gotten to it. Matsell Bridge Natural Area Range

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=IA
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top