Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2021 12:26:24 PM EDT
I like what I'm reading on his campaign website, but remain skeptical. Anyone know anything more about him?

https://whalenforussenate.com/

"Publish date: 9/23/2021 1:11 pm
Contributed by: Bruce Whalen
The word colonization can trigger many responses that feeds controversy or understanding. This "About" commentary will therefore be controversial but shouldn't be when history is better understood. The Revolutionary War is certainly a pivot point for the American experiment. Shedding blood and treasure had a purpose according to the Declaration of Independence, on behalf of the People, "it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security." Indeed, the People represented concluded, "We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."

Ben Franklin announced that a Constitutional "Republic" was ratified, "If you can keep it." I'm taking care in how I say this, "Welcome to becoming a Giant Indian Reservation." I say this because America is losing its focus to keep the Republic. It has taken on the mode that the Federal Government thought was best for "Indian Tribes," which is by no accident. Between the Courts and Congress, the prescription for the "Indian Problem" was to declare "Indians" as Domestic Dependents, needing Congress to make political decisions for them and that Congress must establish Plenary Powers over them including disposition of all Land Tenure, deeming "Indians" as incompetent.

Sadly, Congress abandoned the American Experiment and concluded its first duty of Securing the Rights of American Citizens. States dutifully follow the federal lead by abandoning their rights as States in favor of becoming Domestic Dependents of the federal government. To acquiesce Political Decision making to federal bureaucrats managing Congressional Acts. Congress gleefully established Plenary Powers over States that does not serve Securing our Rights.

Finally, the federal government is preparing to pull the rug out from under land owners. "Indian People" are experiencing double jeopardy. In the first instance they did not volunteer to become Reservation Indians. In the second instance history is repeating and Indians will once again be secured as Reservation Indians. Ironically so is the rest of America, trading its identity by joining the ranks of people denied Life, Liberty and pursuit of Happiness. America needs to get back to the business of Keeping the Republic and reject becoming incompetent, just as federal bureaucrats declared that American Indians were. Return to the proclamation that all Men are created equal.

In 1776 Patriots rejected colonization and together, neighbor to neighbor, we MUST now do the same."
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Reserving judgement until more research can be done. Says some of the right things and I agree with his point about the feds and treating Americans like they have reservations and deciding what's in our best interests since we are too dumb to decide ourselves.

However, that said, he seems to focus his message a lot on the reservations which is fine given thats his experience. But being involved in the tribal leadership doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy because those people are more corrupt than Nancy Pelosi.

I'm 100% behind primarying Thune out. But I'll vote for Thune over any demonrat in the general.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chargerkid5:
Reserving judgement until more research can be done. Says some of the right things and I agree with his point about the feds and treating Americans like they have reservations and deciding what's in our best interests since we are too dumb to decide ourselves.

However, that said, he seems to focus his message a lot on the reservations which is fine given thats his experience. But being involved in the tribal leadership doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy because those people are more corrupt than Nancy Pelosi.

I'm 100% behind primarying Thune out. But I'll vote for Thune over any demonrat in the general.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 6:55:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: meltdown] [#3]
CoC. User was banned anway
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By chargerkid5:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew Bruce.  Worked closely with him back in the 04' election on Pine Ridge.  Last time I spoke with him was 06' at at some Republican luncheon in Sioux Falls.  Always struck me as a  very decent and honorable guy.  My recollection of him is that he wasn't afraid of calling out bullshit from either party which is why I think that the party players will do everything in their power to crush him.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
@dissident

I would be interested in hearing more of your first hand knowledge of Bruce.  Good and bad.  Concerns or complitments of character, message, platform.  Why do you think he's running and what are is aspirations?
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Granted, my recollection has been watered down by 15 years time and the fact that people do change.  But from what I remember...and it's pretty much all I would say you need to know about him....was he said what he meant and meant what he said.  I can say that the principles and beliefs he professed on his website were pretty much what I remembered them to be when we last spoke.  VERY pro family, pro 2nd, pro personal responsibility but that included helping out others whenever and wherever you could.  Very self motivated and service driven.  He wasn't a blind follower of party politics and wasn't afraid to throw the BS flag.  

The SD Republican Party will do everything it can to tank the campaign.      

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#8]
After both Thune and Rounds voting to raise the debt ceiling, I will definitely vote for Whelen next year.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
After both Thune and Rounds voting to raise the debt ceiling, I will definitely vote for Whelen next year.
View Quote

Anyone but Rounds, Thune, and Johnson. Those incumbent RINO cuck grifters need to be thrown the fuck out. We gotta primary these sorry ass pieces of shit, if not I will write in Grumpy Cat in the general. I am done holding my nose for the GOPers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TrucksAndGuns:

Anyone but Rounds, Thune, and Johnson. Those incumbent RINO cuck grifters need to be thrown the fuck out. We gotta primary these sorry ass pieces of shit, if not I will write in Grumpy Cat in the general. I am done holding my nose for the GOPers.
View Quote

This. The Swamp is strong.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By meltdown:
I have had the form on my desk to unregister to vote.
I don't feel like it matters anymore.
I hate to be such a defeatist which is probably while it's not been mailed.
View Quote

The more local, the more it counts. I still have some confidence in state elections. We'll see how long that lasts.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By adversor:

The more local, the more it counts. I still have some confidence in state elections. We'll see how long that lasts.
View Quote

Having lived in a county that uses Dominion machines before moving here (Clark County, NV); we need to keep Dominion and any other voting machine system that is hooked up to the internet and otherwise designed for shenanigans from gaining a foothold in this state. Did you guys have mass unsolicited mail in ballots last year? If so, it needs to be stopped pronto. If not, it needs to be kept from starting here. I remember last November when I still lived in Nevada, on the local news I saw people claiming that they went to vote in person but they were told that they had already voted by mail. That shit must not be allowed to happen here or else South Dakota will be made into another Kalifornia style shit hole. Trust me, as someone who grew up in L.A., you do NOT want that big city bullshit making its way here. I like not having smash and grab gang robberies in our stores. I like not paying more for auto insurance due to car thefts and crashes going up. I like not having to step over feces and used drug needles in the streets. I could go on and on but ya'll get my point. The commies are actively working to destroy red state USA and replace it with some Great Reset Soviet style 1984 gulag hell hole. Fuck all that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top