Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2020 11:14:12 AM EDT
I've noticed rapidly growing numbers of local restaurants banding together to open full operations again in order to make sure their employees are able to feed their families and keep the lights on.

They are NOT branding it as any kind of political statement but as a humanitarian last resort to keep from closing for good.

Damn proud of my little part of the mitten today

Anyone seeing similar things in their area?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've noticed rapidly growing numbers of local restaurants banding together to open full operations again in order to make sure their employees are able to feed their families and keep the lights on.

They are NOT branding it as any kind of political statement but as a humanitarian last resort to keep from closing for good.

Damn proud of my little part of the mitten today

Anyone seeing similar things in their area?
View Quote

Yup local Honky Tonk was getting half barrels delivered. We have a winter weather advisory, so I don't think they are going to be drinking outdoors.

Oh and the tents have been removed, only the frames are left. They'll be back up come spring.

Then again , it's deer season here and the hunters would like to warm up and clean up at the bar. The bars have to make bank before Monday since the firearm season ends
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, at least one restaurant is open close by.  Seems very busy too.

People started leaving one star reviews because they were open.  So I started reporting all of the one star reviews.  Make sure to stick up for these guys even if you don't visit them!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, word has it that Stretchin' Gretch's minions with the food and liquor boards are going around threatening
to pull licenses from anyone who stays open under their "emergency powers"

Go hungry and fall behind on your mortgage, for your own safety, comrades!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The Karens are going after folks who report Voting fraud now also
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#5]

How long till groups of people are running those state employees out of town?
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#6]
The state will not tolerate independence (or even the thought of it).
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/dining/2020/12/15/mlcc-suspends-another-8-liquor-licenses-including-andiamo-warren/3913119001/
MLCC suspends another 8 liquor licenses, including Andiamo Warren

The owner of Andiamo proposed restaurant owners getting together to oppose the shut down.

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The wife and I want to do a date night. Any restaurants open?  Macomb, Wayne, Oakland, or st clair county?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The wife and I want to do a date night. Any restaurants open?  Macomb, Wayne, Oakland, or st clair county?
View Quote

Ohio...
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are a few, but I have not been to them.  Stand Up Michigan has a list of restaurants.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
There was an article I saw that said 1/3 of Michigan's restaurants think they may close permanently sometime next year. Might as well open and ignore all her bullshit. If they pull the liquor license sell it anyway. What do they have to lose?
Let wHitler go all commie enough and even the sheeple of the state might finally decide they've had enough.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Jimmy's Roadhouse In Newaygo was packed yesterday at lunch.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't seen any open around here.  Drive-through's are full though.  We've lost at least 1/2 dozen restaurants already.  I'm sure we will lose more before spring.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Just plug your ZIP code into this site, and it'll show who is staying open;

https://www.stayopenstayfree.com/search_results?location_value=Plymouth%2C+MI+48170%2C+USA&city=Plymouth&county_sn=Wayne+County&adm_lvl_1_sn=MI&country_sn=US&postal_code=48170&location_type=locality&stateSearch=MI&swlat=42.358502&nelat=42.384451&swlng=-83.486869&nelng=-83.44552089999999&lat=42.3714253&lng=-83.4702132&faddress=Plymouth%2C+MI+48170%2C+USA&place_id=ChIJCXrtRtasJIgR83MY0JPHhv0
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#14]
There's a Mom and Pop place north of 14 Mile road that is reputed to be open to indoor dining.
I plan on having breakfast there on Sunday.
Evidently, the owner feels like there's nothing left to lose.

This won't stop until we all just say, "Enough" and I'm looking forward to all the civil disobedience...it'll be like a big, f'n, glorious party!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just plug your ZIP code into this site, and it'll show who is staying open;

https://www.stayopenstayfree.com/search_results?location_value=Plymouth%2C+MI+48170%2C+USA&city=Plymouth&county_sn=Wayne+County&adm_lvl_1_sn=MI&country_sn=US&postal_code=48170&location_type=locality&stateSearch=MI&swlat=42.358502&nelat=42.384451&swlng=-83.486869&nelng=-83.44552089999999&lat=42.3714253&lng=-83.4702132&faddress=Plymouth%2C+MI+48170%2C+USA&place_id=ChIJCXrtRtasJIgR83MY0JPHhv0
View Quote

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's a Mom and Pop place north of 14 Mile road that is reputed to be open to indoor dining.

This won't stop until we all just say, "Enough" and I'm looking forward to all the civil disobedience...it'll be like a big, f'n, glorious party!
View Quote

14 mile in cedar/Rockford  or up farther north? Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I'm ratting them out...
Sue's Country Kitchen
12 N 1st St, Cedar Springs

I went there this morning and it was good! (mom and pop greasy spoon)
The place was full of people living life and it was great to see.
They are only open until 2pm, but I'm going to make an effort to go there as much as possible.

Soon, there will be dozens and dozens of places defying our the overlords!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Michigan is the lynchpin for the country.  Your lockdowns have been among the most heinous, so the fight for your rights should also be some of the most fierce.  Screw any cowards, end the lockdowns!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Jimmy's Roadhouse In Newaygo was packed yesterday at lunch.
View Quote

It was also packed for dinner

There are more restaurants opening here in Mid-Michigan too, they just aren't doing it as loudly as Jimmy's is.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Michigan is the lynchpin for the country.  Your lockdowns have been among the most heinous, so the fight for your rights should also be some of the most fierce.  Screw any cowards, end the lockdowns!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't think I'm ratting them out...
Sue's Country Kitchen
12 N 1st St, Cedar Springs

I went there this morning and it was good! (mom and pop greasy spoon)
The place was full of people living life and it was great to see.
They are only open until 2pm, but I'm going to make an effort to go there as much as possible.

Soon, there will be dozens and dozens of places defying our the overlords!!
View Quote

I'm going to stop in there to support them, it is near our farm up that way.  I'm so sick of this BS.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:16:40 AM EDT
[#22]
That's about a 20 mile road trip, and a Meijers is there.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't do it!  Don't you DARE get together with friends and family without GOVERNMENT'S permission!

Not picking on you all...Merry Christmas, Michigan.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Friends are having a family get together in Harassment Twp.

2 are coming from Commiefornia

Jimmy's roadhouse looked closed at lunchtime yesterday
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Wyandotte Bar's Liquor License Suspended Due to COVID-19 Violations

Say what you will about Downriver, but they don't fuck around.  From the sound of this article, it seems as though one of Gretch's minions tried to shut down a Wyandotte institution and received a less than friendly welcome from the locals (including the Wyandotte PD).

Hopefully this continues.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#26]
"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! IfifWe didn't love freedom enough. And even more  we had no awareness of the real situation. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."

Read More: We Didn't Love Freedom Enough and Even More, We Had No Awareness of the Real Situation - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn | https://klaw.com/we-didnt-love-freedom-enough-aleksandr-solzhenitsyn/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As long as they go back.

Is compliance as strong up in the UP as say the Detroit/Lancing/Grand Rapids area?
View Quote

There is a mix.  Many UP places had little to no infection rate for the first 8 months of this nonsense.  Then it turned on in October.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a sit-down breakfast again this weekend and it was great :)
I'm looking forward to more places opening
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#30]
We attended the BYOB party at Huron Valley Guns last night.
The place was packed, and they even had a band.
Some folks went around recording any messages the people would care to share with the evil triumvirate (wHitler/Benson/Nessel), and there were many a middle finger raised  

Good times!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We attended the BYOB party at Huron Valley Guns last night.
The place was packed, and they even had a band.
Some folks went around recording any messages the people would care to share with the evil triumvirate (wHitler/Benson/Nessel), and there were many a middle finger raised  

Good times!
View Quote

First I've heard of Huron Valley Guns. Sounds like an interesting place. Just checked out their website. Might have to take a trip up there. I'm down by Canton / Ypsilanti area.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wyandotte Bar's Liquor License Suspended Due to COVID-19 Violations

Say what you will about Downriver, but they don't fuck around.  From the sound of this article, it seems as though one of Gretch's minions tried to shut down a Wyandotte institution and received a less than friendly welcome from the locals (including the Wyandotte PD).

Hopefully this continues.
View Quote

The investigator is a harpy woman that lives in a dumpy looking apartment in Southgate.  I've drank there quite a few times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top