Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2018 11:43:17 AM EDT
Question #1 - I have an 8.5" AR pistol kit on the way.  When I pick up my stripped lower from the gun shop next week, what do I put in the box for OAL on the RI-60?  I forgot how I calculated it for my last AR pistol.

Question #2 - I have an SBR that was once an AR pistol.  Do I need to do anything with that RI-60 form or just stash it away?  Is it still registered in my name in Michigan as a pistol?  Or did the sheriff's office change it when I sent them my Form 1 papers?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Less than 26" in with the stock collapsed is my understanding.

MSP link https://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/MSPLegalUpdate106_451985_7.pdf

For #2.  A Form1 SBR, can still be a MI pistol if it is under the 26" length.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Less than 26" in with the stock collapsed is my understanding.

MSP link https://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/MSPLegalUpdate106_451985_7.pdf

For #2.  A Form1 SBR, can still be a MI pistol if it is under the 26" length.
View Quote
What will I put as the OAL on the RI-60 form though if I don’t know what the OAL is going to be yet?

I won’t be building it after I fill out the paperwork
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Should be transferred as other.
It's not a pistol until the upper is installed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
So I pick it up without filling out an RI-60, and then once it’s built, I can have him fill one out?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So I pick it up without filling out an RI-60, and then once it’s built, I can have him fill one out?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A stopped lower will be transferred from the FFL to you as an Other on the 4473. It’s neither a rifle, pistol, SBR, nor AOW until it is assembled.

When you build it into a pistol, you submit the RI-60 and sign as buyer and seller. No need to visit an FFL, and you would probably just confuse them.

My experience is that LEOs and FFLs now very little of the laws. It’s best to read them and learn them yourself.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A stopped lower will be transferred from the FFL to you as an Other on the 4473. It’s neither a rifle, pistol, SBR, nor AOW until it is assembled.

When you build it into a pistol, you submit the RI-60 and sign as buyer and seller. No need to visit an FFL, and you would probably just confuse them.

My experience is that LEOs and FFLs now very little of the laws. It’s best to read them and learn them yourself.
View Quote
Ok this is what I did last time, but it’s been a few years

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I would have responded quicker, but I was busy moving Mom into the hearse,
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would have responded quicker, but I was busy moving Mom into the hearse,
View Quote
So sorry to hear message me if you wanna get a drink or go shooting if you’re local to the Kalamazoo area
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:04:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm north of GR, I'll be at Fort Custer when the ground thaws.

Mom was in at home hospice for 6 months, so this wasn't unexpected, but still a little unsettling nonetheless.
Thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
May B Friday/ Saturday
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm north of GR, I'll be at Fort Custer when the ground thaws.

Mom was in at home hospice for 6 months, so this wasn't unexpected, but still a little unsettling nonetheless.
Thanks for the offer.
View Quote
Sorry to hear about your mom. Hospice is very difficult, although for me it made it easier versus a sudden death. My grandparents spent close to a month each in hospice.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#12]
It made things a lot easier for sure
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, this is what I did in every case. No flashbangs, yet
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It made things a lot easier for sure
View Quote
Sucks, man. But I understand the relief as much as I can.

Think of the good things this holiday season. Don't dwell on the nasty memories.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm washing the nicotine off the ceiling, putting Kilz on the flat wall paint, drinking beer and watching the LIONS lose at home today.

We haven't celebrated Christmas in 10 years. I', not depressed, unless you count the 1000 military primers I "depressed the other day.

I'll hit up some demntia groups to troll for wimmen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top