Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2011 9:03:10 PM EDT
Any good joints in the Detroit area? My wife has a birthday tomorrow and she said she wants to go down to Mexican town for dinner tomorrow night. If I can avoid it I will as I have no room to carry my RPG with me down there, lol! Seriously though can you guys suggest any good mexican resturants in the area. We go to one in commerce all the time but it sucks, I'm in Bloomfield hills so I can be anywhere with in the area in twenty minutes. Can any of you suggest one in Mexican town? McM
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
For my money Xochimilco is the best.  Since I moved from Michigan I sure miss the place...Fantastic food, fast, friendly, open til 02:00 every day.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-16230842R-xochimilco_restaurant-i

ETA: Very good freeway access to this place, or at least it use to be.  Straight up east bound 96, exit at Porter street (Bridge to Canada exit), head back west about a 1/2 mile to Bagley and your there.  Minimal "ghetto cruzin" required.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Xochi's gets a ton of good reviews, but I like Mexican Town Restaurant just down the street.  If I got to Mexico Town, that's where my wife and I go w/out exception.  Good food, good prices.

K
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]
You can't go wrong with either one of the two listed above.  I tend to favor xochis
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Best place is La Rosita on McGraw. Hot chicks, and awesome food.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]
mexican village for the win, have a chicken melinasa a al mexicana and thank me later.
they also have one in shelby twp on vandyke so it tkes the whole detroit factor away if you would like.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#6]
El Barzon, One of the best values you will find in any Detroit restaurant
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For my money Xochimilco is the best.  Since I moved from Michigan I sure miss the place...Fantastic food, fast, friendly, open til 02:00 every day.

ETA: Very good freeway access to this place, or at least it use to be.  Straight up east bound 96, exit at Porter street (Bridge to Canada exit), head back west about a 1/2 mile to Bagley and your there.  Minimal "ghetto cruzin" required.

This is where we ended up and I got to leave my AK in the trunk which is a good thing, we both ate like kings had two magarita's each (delicious) and the bill was less than fifty bucks with the tip. We'll definately be going back soon. We went to MGM afterwards and I won 500 bucks on the blackjack table, we had a great night got home around 1:30am and our son was at my inlaws all night

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

McM

Edit to add:

Just because I can and the fact we were in my new Challanger I wanted some extra support, whats a post on a gunboard without pics Legal to carry with my CPL.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is where we ended up and I got to leave my AK in the trunk which is a good thing, we both ate like kings had two magarita's each (delicious) and the bill was less than fifty bucks with the tip. We'll definately be going back soon. We went to MGM afterwards and I won 500 bucks on the blackjack table, we had a great night got home around 1:30am and our son was at my inlaws all night

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

McM

Edit to add:

Just because I can and the fact we were in my new Challanger I wanted some extra support, whats a post on a gunboard without pics Legal to carry with my CPL.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/onebigjoe/EddystoneAK018.jpg

Old-school Russian slab-side mag, very nice!
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Good taste in food...GREAT taste in guns.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#10]
good mexican food
won 500 bucks
sexy milled u/f
new challenger
yep it official i hate you now
can we do dougnuts in the challenger while shooting our aks in the air saudi style?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#11]
so what new gun are you gonna get with that $500.00 or did your old lady already find out and make plans for it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:01:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Also, Azteca.:
http://www.grandazteca.com/

They have half a dozen or so restaurants around the metro area, very good in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
good mexican food
won 500 bucks
sexy milled u/f
new challenger
yep it official i hate you now
can we do dougnuts in the challenger while shooting our aks in the air saudi style?

Anytime brother, just bring ur RPD

The 500 bucks is going toward a silencer I just need to figure which one, probably a gemtech outback 2. I gave the wife two hundred bucks and I had two hundred, we both sat at the same table, I was up to 900 and she was on her last 25 dollar chip, I said lets go and she got up. She basically got to play for free I cashed in 925 so in reality I won 525 bucks, enough for the suppressor, NFA tax and maybe even the transfer. I also got ass that night lmao!

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Winning!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I was right...you do need to get a life!  Apology accepted

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah...it's all very clear now. You're a yankee.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top