Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 1:33:46 AM EDT

User Info IM User Email User Reply Quote Edit Report

I need help, i bought an upper on a smokin deal, but my coworker bought it some yrs ago from another party and had no real info. This is where i need help, if someone could tell me the manufacture or any thing else it would help cuz there is not even a caliber stamp on this upper any where, all i found was a forging mark. so if anyone can tell by my pics please let me know.
Thanx
Adam

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/foamy-is-master/guns/DSC02670-1.jpg
https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/foamy-is-master/guns/DSC02672.jpg
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:22:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody is going to be able to identify that for you.
That forge mark on the FSB means nothing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:28:21 AM EDT
[#2]
how else can identify it there are no other marks that i can find. i took the grip off and found nothing
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
My guess is that it was a gun show or internet cheepy. Most likely Wilson or Model 1 parts. All that really matters is how well it shoots.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Model 1 upper a few years ago that wasn't marked.  

When I get home tonight I'll look and see if at least the FSB is marked the same.

Other than that I can't help.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you yank off the handguards and look for markings there?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never seen a caliber stamp on an upper. There should be a roll mark on the barrel indicating caliber and twist rate of the barrel. But other than that your on your own. If your unsure about the barrel you can get a set of gauge's from a lot of venders here on this site to check for throat wear, so as to asertain weather or not the barrel is shot out or not.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Bring it over. Preferably with a lower parts kit and an A2 stock. We'll have you a complete A2 rifle in less than an hour. For what you paid for it, I don't think it matters that much who made it, though it would be nice to know.

Glad to see you finally found your way over here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top