Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 4:47:12 PM EDT
ACTS - Combat rifle shooting.

Centerline Gun Club - Bellevue, MI (north of Battle Creek)
Safety Brief at 0930
Shooting begins @ 10am

Match Fee $10 for first time shooters, $20 for ACTS members, $25 for non-ACTS members.

For map, directions, and more info, check www.actshooters.com
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking forward to it as always!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
So its only $10  for a first timer?. Ok hypothetically speaking say a guy has a plain old A2m4gery and hasnt been able to afford an optic, has a 2 mag pouch but no vest or knee pads or anything else tacticool,has a semi-auto pistol with extra mag but only has a cheap nylon holster that holds the pistol and 1 extra mag....would it be worth his time and embarrassment to come out and shoot?Hypothetically speaking of course. I know it sure looks like fun.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, you'd be just fine.

You don't have to be Mr. UberOperator to play. I use an old school GI H-Harness and M16 mag pouch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm planning on being there.  Gotta buff up for woodchuck season.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm planning on being there.  Gotta buff up for woodchuck season.

Excellent. We need more bolt gunners.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#6]
So there I was at 8:30am this morning sitting in my crown vic up by the office at centerline(didnt know where to go, being my first acts shoot), and I get the F'ING call...." you need to come to work". . So here I sit at work for no damn reason when I could be out there having a good time and learning stuff. Oh well, maybe next month. So do I need to stop at the office next month or just drive back? I did see some vehicles driving back...but I've never shot out to center line before?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive never been to one of these but looks fun can you come out and just observe?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So there I was at 8:30am this morning sitting in my crown vic up by the office at centerline(didnt know where to go, being my first acts shoot), and I get the F'ING call...." you need to come to work". . So here I sit at work for no damn reason when I could be out there having a good time and learning stuff. Oh well, maybe next month. So do I need to stop at the office next month or just drive back? I did see some vehicles driving back...but I've never shot out to center line before?

Sorry to hear that. That kinda sucks. If'n it were me, I probably wouldn't have answered the phone. Next time you can just come one down to the range. If you get there and the gate is unlocked on match day, that means I am already downrange setting up the stages.

Quoted:
Ive never been to one of these but looks fun can you come out and just observe?

Yup. Lookyloos are welcome. Bring gear with you in case you decide you want to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#9]
so that was you in the tan crown vic
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:47:59 AM EDT
[#10]
yup, that was me. Just sittin there drinking my coffee, waiting to see where to go. I wish I hadnt answered my phone too, but they were tricky and called my house first so it was my wife calling me, I had no idea..oh well.

So how late do these matches usually run? How much ammo should one bring?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#11]
depends on stages usually 3- 4 stages and maybe 20 + shooters done by say  4pm +/-

200 rnds of 223 and 50 of handgun will get yah through  besides if yah need more we have some to share now and then..........

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
depends on stages usually 3- 4 stages and maybe 20 + shooters done by say  4pm +/-

200 rnds of 223 and 50 of handgun will get yah through  besides if yah need more we have some to share now and then..........

Thanks for the intel, planning on being there next month.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I usually bring extra ALICE gear to borrow out. It's definately a blast..heh get it? I crack myself up
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Uh oh, another vic?  Time to get out the hose and suds :)
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yeah, you guys are good at having shinny cars.....could you give me some pointers!?!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#16]
hey Easy you have tocome to the match to get pointers............. hey make sure you bring that stock thingy yah guys had last month i need more surefire batteries........ (that was really a bummer) see yah in may
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:57:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, you guys are good at having shinny cars.....could you give me some pointers!?!

My vic isnt real shiny anymore. The headlights on my truck quit working while I was trying to sell the crown vic, so now the vic is my new pickup truck. It doesnt look real pretty but its still fast, just ask the calhoun county sheriff dept...they let me make a donation to the 10th district  court last week.

ETA. Of course if the gas prices get any higher, ya'll will see me pedeling in on my bike with the ar slung over my back and an ammo can strapped to the handle bars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top