Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:20:12 PM EDT
I have to press you guys to immediate action on the silencer issue and it is imperative that we communicate our thanks to Attorney General Mike Cox for opinion 7183 on the machine guns and lobby his support for a positive result on our request for the silencer letter of clarification. Even if you have already done so, please do it again. Print this message and spread it like wildfire. Cross post it wherever you can.

Bob Ianni, the AG's main man tells me AG Mike Cox reads his emails as they come in addressed to him on the AG's website. So I need you guys and all your buddies to do a full court press and thank Mike Cox for the 7183 opinion and tell him how much more important the silencer issue is to you.

When you send your email to him via the Michigan AG's email, In the subject line put "The Honorable Attorney General Mike Cox", or a similar greeting indicating the email is for Mike Cox.

In your email thank him for the 7183 mg opinion and then tell him how many thousands more people are interested in silencers and how much his positive ruling on the silencer letter of clarification that State Rep. Leon Drolet has submitted to him means to you personally.

You might point out the advantages of reduction of noise complaints, safety, no criminals will use the federal form 4 process to obtain them as its the same requirements as a mg, no crimes have been committed with the 800 silencers owned by Michigan dealers, etc.

Be brief.

If you are a law enforcement person say so and lobby your law enforcement buddies who want to own silencers to email the AG too. This needs to happen ASAP so we may gain his support for silencers and so we may get ATF to approve silencer transfers. We need you guys to go to gunshows this weekend and spread the word far and wide where ever shooters congregate. Keep on this for the next couple of weeks and in fact immediately, you don't know how important this really is, stay hot on it.

Please feel free to print this and give it to your buddies and ask them to photo copy it and give it to their buddies. We need a strong push with a bunch of good comments, praise etc., and asking for the silencer clarification be given a positive speedy outcome.

Send your email to:  [email protected]  The Honorable Attorney General Mike Cox

Also, and I have asked you to donate in the past to the AG's re-election campaign. Please do so with a few bucks now and a few bucks later after things happen as we hope they happen. Go to Cox's re-election website and volunteer help and leave a comment in his comment boxes as to why your volunteering and donating. Your doing it because he supports your gun rights. Even if you have already done this I would advise doing it again if you can afford to.

Mail your comments and donation to:
Mike Cox For Attorney General
PO Box 532197
Livonia, MI 48153

Donate online secure credit card mikecox2006.com/donate.php

Volunteer and leave comments mikecox2006.com/volunteer.php

If you would prefer, place a toll free call to his office and leave a brief statement asking for a positive silencer letter of clarification. Or fax the same. Or even very quickly write him a brief letter and send express mail if it means that much to you.

Michigan Department of Attorney General
G. Mennen Williams Building, 7th Floor
525 W. Ottawa St.
P.O. Box 30212
Lansing, MI 48909
Main Number (517) 373-1110
Toll Free  (877) 765-8388
Fax (517) 373-3042

Thank you, Michael P. Sessa. I can tell you this, I believe a great thing has happened today, Friday the 17th regarding the machine guns but thats all I can say right now. Stay tuned. Mike Sessa, email [email protected]

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Will do..I see that team membership kicked in!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Mail sent, fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
wrote an email

Mr Cox,
I know you are probably getting many emails to read, so I will keep this brief.  You may be aware that for quite a while now us Michigan gun owners have been interested in being able to legally obtain transferable machine guns, as well as suppressors.  Your opinion 7183 is what we have been waiting for.  I just wanted to thank you for your efforts, and I wanted to assure you that Michigan's responsible gun owners, myself included, will do everything in our efforts to ensure that your opinion will only result in responsible practices.  I also wanted to express to you the widespread interest in the letter of clarification submitted by State Rep. Leon Drolet.  Hopefully, clarification of this issue will put local law enforcement, as well as the BATFE, at ease about allowing legal transfers of these items.
I have submitted a donation to your campaign, and I hope that the combined efforts of Michigan gun owners, both in monetary and political support, will have a positive effect on your future in Michigan.
Thank you again, and don't ever hesitate to call upon your supporters whenever you feel the need.  You have many friends in Michigan.
Chris Furner
Grandville, MI

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent email - thank you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mail sent, fingers crossed.

+1
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
sent an email.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Done!

Sir:

Thank-you very much for your letter of Clarification regarding private ownership of federally registered machine guns by Michigan residents. As you may be aware, there has been some resistance to your Opinion at the Federal level. One of the major sticking points is that the NFA branch does not consider sound suppressors to fall under the umbrella of Opinion 7183. This is a very important issue for myself, and many shooting enthusiasts in the State of Michigan. Please consider clarifying the sound suppressor issue so that the NFA branch will be compelled to approve our transfers as they are supposed to.

Thank you again for your time and attention in this matter.

Regards,

C. D. Campbell
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top