Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 1:36:25 PM EDT
I live in Lansing and I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in the area that does good work at a fair price. I am looking to have an ar-15 barrel threaded.    Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Another one to consider, M&R Arms Specialties in MT Clemens. They've worked on sev firearms with great results...cut down AR barrel perm install Vortex, reprofile barrel and DiamondKote in OD. Then DiamondKote my Kimber UC II and Colt Pony.

Have my RRA "no ban" there now hving the barrel cut down YHM FS perminstalled and barrel reprofiled.

Work, prices and turn around time are all first rate.

www.mrarms.com

Cheers from the Western Suburbs!

***NOTE***
I shipped my RRA stripped upper for the same thing and it only cost $8 to next day it thru USPost.  Imagine it would be similar for you to save the drive and if you cannot find anywhere around Lansing....

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a bad experience with M&R.  I had them build an FAL since they spouted to be experts.  It was out of headspace and the locking shoulder was not even in the reciever all the way.  When I brought it bak to show him it closed on a field guage, The guy called me all kinds of names.  Go to D&D gunsmithing in Royal Oak.  They have been ther for years.  They know what they are doing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Dr-Dremel, I just tried to Google D&D Gunsmithing in Royal Oak and came up empty. Do you have contact info, or maybe they do business under a different name?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
D & D Gunsmiths Ltd
363 Elmwood Dr
Troy, MI 48083-2754
Phone: (248) 583-1512
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
  Anyone know the going rate for this service ??

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I had a bad experience with M&R.  I had them build an FAL since they spouted to be experts.  It was out of headspace and the locking shoulder was not even in the reciever all the way.  When I brought it bak to show him it closed on a field guage, The guy called me all kinds of names.  Go to D&D gunsmithing in Royal Oak.  They have been ther for years.  They know what they are doing.

No kidding.  Hmm.  Goes to show ya.  They've worked on sev guns with all positive resutls thus far.
Sorry you had a bad experience......hopefully my RRA upper comes back "OK"!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top