Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 10:51:58 AM EDT
Shot two Does on opening morning.  Was hunting on public land in Clinton County.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I got two antlerless as well.  Private land, Midland County.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw more this year than the last few years.  Although I did not get one my son got his first.  A small button buck.  I was more excited than he was.  We were in Fort Custer State Park.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I drove up from sunny FL for 2 days of hunting, and saw 21 on Sat and not a darn thing on Sun.  As for going out on Mon it was raining to darn hard and i went back to bed.  ( i know not a  "real" hunter)lol  All said and done I had a great time at Deer Camp this year and I am making plans to go again next year.

See ya up by Custer

Rich B.
Orlando, FL

p.s.  Our camp did get 4 deer on Sat a 6 point, 3 point, button buck ,and a doe. ( the 3 point,button, and doe were all shot by the same guy <lucky bastid>LOL )
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw three big fat does on Saturday on state land in Mount Morency county. I went out Sunday and had 5 wild turkeys sit next to my blind for a half hour. I didn't get a deer...whaaaa.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
At 11:10 this mourning I got a big Doe in northen Kalamazoo County.  A friend and some of his neighbors did a drive and pushed her to me.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I drove up from sunny FL for 2 days of hunting, and saw 21 on Sat and not a darn thing on Sun.  As for going out on Mon it was raining to darn hard and i went back to bed.  ( i know not a  "real" hunter)lol  All said and done I had a great time at Deer Camp this year and I am making plans to go again next year.

See ya up by Custer

Rich B.
Orlando, FL

p.s.  Our camp did get 4 deer on Sat a 6 point, 3 point, button buck ,and a doe. ( the 3 point,button, and doe were all shot by the same guy <lucky bastid>LOL )

Why didnt you shoot a Doe?  BTW; you should encourage your hunting partner to kill more does and let those small bucks grow up.  Michigan is finally on the right track to quality deer herd management.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I shot a great big doe on opening morning. The DNR aged her at between 8 and 10 years old. One shot at 120 yards from the 30-06 dropped her in her tracks.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Lumpy, Looks like you've got two in the back of that truck..............
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually the other deer you see is the spike that my buddy shot. I am heading back up Thanksgiving morning to try and fill my other doe tag and my buck tag.......hopefully both!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top