Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2003 1:10:46 PM EDT
It is almost that time of year when Uncle Campy has his Bulletfest, (See attached Link).

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=176568&page=1

I nominate Lumpy223 as our Bulletfest ambassador.  

I plan on being there, add your name to the list if you are interested in attending.

IronBalaclava has suggested a convoy.  I nominate IronBalaclava convoy coordinator.

Attending:

IronBalaclava
Lumpy223
QCMGR
Delta_3_63
killingmachine123

Link Posted: 3/21/2003 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there! Everybody who can chime in CHIME IN!

There's gonna be alot of hardware this year as Campy Bob has exclaimed in his post:Howitzers, Cannons and Mortars amongst Machine guns and almost all other small arms weaponry under the sun! The area will be LARGER than that of Knobb Creek!

We can either all drive down there in our personal vehicles, or we came roll Convoy style in rentals to carry personnel, supplies, weapons and ammunition.

If we get enough votes for a rental convoy,
I throw in the suggestion to rent at least 2 or three vans for this convoy. I will see what car rental companies have the best deal and we can all put donations  in the hat for gas/vehicle rental fees. If the rental idea happens We should all agree on a midway rally point(rendezvous being for those cheese eating surrender monkeys!)

edited to add: Or if any Michigan members would
be willing to submit there own Uh, SPCs- Suburban Personnel Carriers(Vans or minivans) to transport a bunch of gunhappy AR15.commers with
gas money donations of course!

LET US KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS!

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT!

Oh and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
SIGN ME UP!

I'll kick in for fuel / help drive if someone organizes a van / bus.
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww, are you serious?

that's my wife's due date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

double DOH!!!!! [>Q]
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm there!

My personal weapons carrier (pickup truck) will be loaded down with mine and my brothers gear. Hoping to leave Thursday night for Ohio and maybe give Campy a hand setting the festivities up on Friday. Saturday will of course be spent sending rounds down range. Probably head home Sunday morning.

QCMGR.....Just what would the duties of the Ambassador entail?
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
QCMGR.....Just what would the duties of the Ambassador entail?

As the most Sr. B-Fest veteran it would entail everything you would normally due in addition to representing our interests at B-Fest.  This would entail being the go to man for this event so we could go down and set-up as Team Michigan.  (Or anything else you can think of;  also IBC would need to keep you updated on the status of any convoy activity.)
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Currently I dont know if I will be camping or staying in a motel (Probably camping). For those that wish to camp, The campground is primitive and offers no running water or electricity. There is a river at the edge of the camping area which I have been known to jump in after a day of shooting (feels very good after a long day in the sun). I have no idea what the on site camping will consist of.

Once at the range, I will have at least one canopy (possibly 2) set up and I invite my fellow Michiganders to set up with me. I will have at least 2 tables and there will be boards set up on them to act as a rifle rack. I should be able to accomodate several rifles in this manner. Empty rifle cases can be stored under the table.

The conopies will be set up behind the firing line this year and shooters will walk up to the firing line so I dont know how well a shooting bench would work out.

For those who have never been to this shoot, this is a day long shoot. The range is open for several hours so plan accordingly. Bring lots of ammo, a chair to relax in, sunscreen, and plenty to drink. The last 2 years have been very hot so staying hydrated will be important.

If you want to shoot the machine guns, be sure to have some cash on hand. Some will let you shoot for free, some want you to pay for ammo, and some charge a rental fee. Again, plan accordingly. It is my understanding that AmmunitionStore.com will be there again this year so it sounds as if ammo will be available on site.

This is the most fun shoot I have ever attended and I am sure this years will be no different.
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Where in Ohio is bulletfest located? How far from Detroit?
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the official bulletfest website courtesy of lumpy223!

www.geocities.com/Bulletfest/

Link Posted: 4/15/2003 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Monkeyman...........It took me about 5 hours to make the trip one way from Flint. Figure between 1 hour and 1.5 hours south of Cleaveland. Nearest big city is Canton.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Monkeyman...........It took me about 5 hours to make the trip one way from Flint. Figure between 1 hour and 1.5 hours south of Cleaveland. Nearest big city is Canton.

Hey lumpy,
Was there any "Issues" with Us Michigan guys bringing Our toys through Ohio? I'm hopeing to make the trip, and wanted to know what I can/should bring.

Thanks!
Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#11]
As long as it is a legal configuration and properly stored it is no issue.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Tall Shadow, There are no issues with bringing the toys. CCW is a no no. Other than that, keep the guns cased for the trip and keep the ammo separate and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Ain't missing this one for the world!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Lumpy223,

What type of accommodations are available?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#15]
You would need to check with Campy on motels in the area. The last 2 years I have camped at the NTR Canoe Livery / campground www.canoe-ohio.com/. This is a primitive campground offering no water or electricity. The nice part is that it is on the river which makes it nice because after a long, hot day of shooting, you can jump in to cool off.

Primitive camping will also be available at Snodes for $10 per night. I will be staying at Snodes this year. I need to check with Campy to see if dips in the lake/pond will be permitted.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I am doing all I can to make it. Between school and work it has been tought to plan. However I think I should not have any problems. I am planning on driving down early saturday morning, and ariving before the fun starts. After the shoot I plan on driving home ammoless. I look forward to meeting everyone.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am doing all I can to make it. Between school and work it has been tought to plan. However I think I should not have any problems. I am planning on driving down early saturday morning, and ariving before the fun starts. After the shoot I plan on driving home ammoless. I look forward to meeting everyone.

I did that last year and I am leaning towards it this year also.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I have to downgrade my status to 'tentative'. I found an old Army buddy and we're planning a reunion around the end of June or early July.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have to downgrade my status to 'tentative'. I found an old Army buddy and we're planning a reunion around the end of June or early July.

Meet at BULLETFEST!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meet at BULLETFEST!

I'm working on that.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Team,

I have to pick my brother up at the Airport in Cleveland at 8:30am Saturday morning and plan on getting to Bulletfest around 10:30am.  I will be wearing an AR-15.com hat.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#22]

I will be wearing an AR-15.com hat.

LMAO.....you and probably a bunch of other folks

Look me up on the line, sounds like my buddy is going to back out on me so I should have room.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I will be wearing an AR-15.com hat.

LMAO.....you and probably a bunch of other folks

Look me up on the line, sounds like my buddy is going to back out on me so I should have room.

Thanks and will do!

Now that I think about it it is kind of like saying I will be the guy wearing the leather jacket at Sturgis.

How about this:

Just look for the guy with the Cav hat with the 6th Cav crossed saber pin.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I should be there around 6:00pm Friday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top