Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2021 3:31:08 PM EDT
Driving south on I65 and need a hotel near Nashville for a 'layover.' Where can I stay that is family safe and not too far off I65 / I24 ?

Have more points at Hilton than I can use. This search is what I know thus far and Smyrna HGI seems like it might be OK.

Other recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If Smyrna isn't too far south for you, it'll be fine. Any of the properties near Vanderbilt are GTG. The Hilton downtown across from the Bridgestone arena is GTG as well.

If you head south on 65 outta Nashville into the Williamson County/Brentwood area you'll be GTG as well.

Off of 24, it'd probably stay in Murfreesboro near Medical Park Center. There are several Hilton properties there including an Embassy Suites I've stayed at plenty.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If Smyrna isn't too far south for you, it'll be fine. Any of the properties near Vanderbilt are GTG. The Hilton downtown across from the Bridgestone arena is GTG as well.

If you head south on 65 outta Nashville into the Williamson County/Brentwood area you'll be GTG as well.

Off of 24, it'd probably stay in Murfreesboro near Medical Park Center. There are several Hilton properties there including an Embassy Suites I've stayed at plenty.
View Quote

Thanks!

Any opinion on Bowling Green (wife did math and said "this town is X miles and little kids can only make it that far )?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks!

Any opinion on Bowling Green (wife did math and said "this town is X miles and little kids can only make it that far )?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

It's an hour's drive from Nashville and a reasonably quiet place to get some sleep. It has all the 'Interstate Culture' stuff you'd expect; Chain restaurants, hotels, and stuff like that. The Corvette plant & museum are there, if anyone in your clan is into cars, too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's an hour's drive from Nashville and a reasonably quiet place to get some sleep. It has all the 'Interstate Culture' stuff you'd expect; Chain restaurants, hotels, and stuff like that. The Corvette plant & museum are there, if anyone in your clan is into cars, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
when i stay in nashville, i either stay downtown
Hilton Nashville Downtown
121 Fourth Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee, 37201, USA

or just outside the downtown area
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport
2424 Atrium Way, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214-5103, USA

if you want a nice hotel, family friendly, go with the 2nd option and take your family here for dinner McNamara's Irish Pub 2740 Old Lebanon Rd, Nashville, TN 37214 (check their website to make sure they will have the live music).   This hotel is quiet and in a quiet neighborhood.  Alt restaurant Papa Turney's Old Fashion BBQ 3979 Bell Rd, Hermitage, TN 37076

if you want to walk around all the bars and touristy stuff downtown, you can still take a shuttle, or stay in the first option and walk.  be advised regardless of time of day  70% of people downtown will be drunk bridesmaids doing bachellorette parties.   the other 30% will be regular drunks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
when i stay in nashville, i either stay downtown
Hilton Nashville Downtown
121 Fourth Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee, 37201, USA

or just outside the downtown area
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport
2424 Atrium Way, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214-5103, USA

if you want a nice hotel, family friendly, go with the 2nd option and take your family here for dinner McNamara's Irish Pub 2740 Old Lebanon Rd, Nashville, TN 37214 (check their website to make sure they will have the live music).   This hotel is quiet and in a quiet neighborhood.  Alt restaurant Papa Turney's Old Fashion BBQ 3979 Bell Rd, Hermitage, TN 37076

if you want to walk around all the bars and touristy stuff downtown, you can still take a shuttle, or stay in the first option and walk.  be advised regardless of time of day  70% of people downtown will be drunk bridesmaids doing bachellorette parties.   the other 30% will be regular drunks.
View Quote

Thanks.

I LOLd hard at "the other 30% will be regular drunks"

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The Cool Springs area is about the cheapest Hilton properties you will find.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Easy access to the interstate, a lot of dining options, and parking will be free.

+1
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
How is Chattanooga?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How is Chattanooga?
View Quote
Depends on where you go.   Staybridge downtown isn't bad (IHG though).   There is a hilton garden inn on towards the aquarium side.

Hamilton Place is all the mall and restaurant stuff.      Lookout side of Chattanooga is meh, but the Hampton isn't bad.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Stay away from the old Hampton Inn off of the interstate.  It is one of the old models with exterior doors and it smelled like an old hotel the one time I stayed there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top