Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2021 2:31:14 AM EDT
I just bought 7 Acres in Campbell County, near LaFollette but outside city limits. Was wondering if I could setup small personal range on my property? I know 7 Acres isn't much, but there are no neighbors for at least 20 acres, much more depending on the direction.

I'm having a hard time finding any info. Does anyone know?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The best way to answer this question is to call the county Sheriff's office BEFORE YOU BUY LAND.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The best way to answer this question is to call the county Sheriff's office BEFORE YOU BUY LAND.

View Quote

I guess yeah the Sherriff might know. I tried looking through the Campbell county zoning restrictions and such but couldn't find anything.

I would have bought the property regardless, it just would be cool to be able to shoot on it as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you.

I called the sheriff who told me to call the 911 non-emergency line.

For anyone interested, there are no restrictions on shooting on your own property in the County of Campbell TN (Outside of City Limits). Just make sure you are shooting in a safe direction into some kind of backstop. If neighbors complain, there is nothing that can be done about it, as its totally legal.

He did say that recently, since there has been a large influx of people to the area, they are getting a lot of calls from "city slickers" with complaints. They explain to them that it is 100% legal and there is nothing they can do. Only IF the person says they are shooting in their direction will they send an officer out simply to make sure its safe (in a safe direction and/or into a backstop).

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I called the sheriff who told me to call the 911 non-emergency line.
View Quote

did you really call 911 for that?   you know "the sheriff" doesn't answer 911 right?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

did you really call 911 for that?   you know "the sheriff" doesn't answer 911 right?
View Quote

I called the sheriff who didn't have the answer, and gave me the number for 911 non-emergency line.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
cool

that's pretty curious that the sheriff wouldn't have the answer though.  i'd imagine at some point, all those noise complaints and zero arrests would have been a clue
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
probably need to contact court house for laws/regs on laws around discharging firearms, often times it is within city limits...similar to burning trash ordinances
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top