Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2021 11:00:47 AM EDT
Folks, things are pretty dicey these days, and everyone finds themselves in a spot where they need a buddy.

I know there are several members in the Chattanooga area, we need to at least create loose connections so we can help each other.

So how about it?  I’m free most evenings.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm game. I've been  wanting to do a meet n greet.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.

There's a gun show in Crossville in Feb, we could meet up there?

Or meet at Hutton & Smith brewery in Chatt?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Well that’s cool you actually did it. Shame I don’t live in Chatt
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool.

Like I said, most any weekday evening I'm good-to-go.  We don't have to have anything formal, or fancy, or even have that many people (although the more the better).

How does anyone feel about Tuesday evening, 12 January?  Meet could be anywhere really, somewhere with reasonably priced food would be good.

DISCLAIMER:  We are NOT meeting to promote overthrowing governments, tossing tea into harbors, or any other such illegal activity.  This is about creating networks of free people that can help one another, provide support, and discuss various items or mutual interest.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in and could do the 12th.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Any chances of this being on a Fri or Sat night?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any chances of this being on a Fri or Sat night?
View Quote

Weekends would probably be best for most folks.

I could do either.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Gun show in Knoxville at the end of the month.

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/knoxville-gun-knife-show/
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay, if the weekend is better, I suppose that does make sense.

How about a week from tonight,  Saturday 15 January?

I’m relatively new to the area, so I don’t have a clue as to a spot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Okay, if the weekend is better, I suppose that does make sense.

How about a week from tonight,  Saturday 15 January?

I’m relatively new to the area, so I don’t have a clue as to a spot.
View Quote

Sat is actually the 16th and my daughter is having some friends over and my wife will be out town so I am out for that night unless it goes late.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Weekends would probably be best for most folks.

I could do either.
View Quote

I live 45 minutes east of Hamilton Co. I get up at 3:30am for work every day, I'm normally in bed by 7pm. So a weekday night is not going to fit real well with me.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sat is actually the 16th and my daughter is having some friends over and my wife will be out town so I am out for that night unless it goes late.
View Quote

If we do it on an afternoon, say 2pm, you could bring the daughter with you. She may not be enthralled with the idea though.  

Lotsa places around Hamilton Place we could meet, IMO. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Delta, I sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I am in
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Okay, it looks like Saturday afternoon is going to be our best bet.  The 16th can work for me.

Maybe 1:00, hang out for an hour or two.  Miller’s Ale House has been suggested, sounds okay to me.  Let’s see if we can get a rough idea of how many can make it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Okay, it looks like Saturday afternoon is going to be our best bet.  The 16th can work for me.

Maybe 1:00, hang out for an hour or two.  Miller’s Ale House has been suggested, sounds okay to me.  Let’s see if we can get a rough idea of how many can make it.
View Quote

For Sat afternoon, I'm in.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Great idea and has a real need, imho. I dont know how I haven't noticed the thread before.

I really would like to meet and make some connections.  But I don't frequent anything alcohol or that serves alcohol. I am a Baptist that lives what he preaches and don't go to the liquor store to meet any Methodist.

Don't change the meeting place on my behalf, I can meet some of the locals at some other point and time but really need to make some contacts.

I have a fairly pliable schedule and can meet just about anytime except on Sunday's.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Okay, I’m going to go ahead and call the time for 1PM on Saturday, and we’ll hang out as long as people want.

Miller’s has been mentioned, but I’m open to other venue suggestions.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll do my best to make it happen, shouldn't be a problem.  And I'm up for wherever.

Saw your GD post.

Millers sounds good, I've never been there.  It's near 75 which makes it good for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Okay, just got off the phone with the manager at Miller's.  NFL playoffs are going on this weekend, probably going to be a madhouse.

Maybe somewhere less "sports-bar"?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Okay, just got off the phone with the manager at Miller's.  NFL playoffs are going on this weekend, probably going to be a madhouse.

View Quote

Hmm. I’ll think it over.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I sent you this link. I don't know if it's too far off the beaten path for Chatt folks

https://zois-harbor-lights-resturant.business.site/
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like I'm late to the party but I'm likely in as well. The sentiment here is absolutely correct - this is not the time to be siloed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I would love to be there but will not be able to make it this time.

Thanks for setting it up and hopefully I’ll be able to make it to the next one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I sent you this link. I don't know if it's too far off the beaten path for Chatt folks

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong side of the river.  Amigos in Harrison is legit though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have an "in" with a restaurant manager to get us a meeting room or some such?

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in, if available.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does anyone have an "in" with a restaurant manager to get us a meeting room or some such?

View Quote

No, but preferably somewhere with alcohol.  Or it'll just be awkward silence the whole time... lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#31]

I am open pretty much anytime any place.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure but honestly I would prefer to be where nobody else might be.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#33]
On a different note, anyone look to see if any north GA members are having a meetup or anyone post in the GA HTF as well?  (I didn't look much less post...)
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Okay, looks like we found a spot.

Aubreys in Hixson.  1:00 Saturday, and we should hang out at least an hour or two in case someone wants to come in later.

https://aubreysrestaurants.com/hixson/directions/

We'll meet up, get to know each other, swap some contact info and maybe a few stories.  Looks like good chow, beer and wine.  I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
On a different note, anyone look to see if any north GA members are having a meetup or anyone post in the GA HTF as well?  (I didn't look much less post...)
View Quote

It looks like there’s some interest but nothing in the works yet.

I’m in on this one, I live just a few minutes over the GA line but I work in Hixson. I’ve been to Aubrey’s once, it was pretty good from what I remember. I moved here about two years ago and outside of work and church I don’t know too many people, so I’m looking forward to this.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Aubreys in Hixson.  1:00 Saturday, and we should hang out at least an hour or two in case someone wants to come in later.

We'll meet up, get to know each other, swap some contact info and maybe a few stories.  Looks like good chow, beer and wine.  I'm looking forward to it.
View Quote

I’ll get there early and stay late. Aubreys in Cleveland is very conservative. Great food and drinks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did we get their meeting room in the front of the restaurant or is there a group we should ask for?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Did we get their meeting room in the front of the restaurant or is there a group we should ask for?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just asked if they could handle a party of 10, took my name and said yes. IM me for name/details/etc.

Everyone download Signal and IM me for our Signal group.  It’s just a group text app.

Especially with Arf dropping randomly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I just asked if they could handle a party of 10, took my name and said yes. IM me for name/details/etc.
View Quote

How about we just ask the hostess to direct anyone asking for "arfcom"??????
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

In my experience, Arfcom types are usually pretty easy to spot...

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just look for the only floral shirts in the building.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Everyone download Signal and IM me for our Signal group.  It’s just a group text app.

View Quote

I downloaded the app and tried to IM you but now I keep getting an ‘image verification code failure’ every time I try to send it. Not sure if that’s related to the other problems the site is having or if it’s just on my end. Any chance you could try to send me one with the info?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Do we have any HAM/Baofeng veterans coming?  I got my radio and cable last week, but have no computer currently to program.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#44]
I should be there
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I downloaded the app and tried to IM you but now I keep getting an ‘image verification code failure’ every time I try to send it. Not sure if that’s related to the other problems the site is having or if it’s just on my end. Any chance you could try to send me one with the info?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Messaged.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Skinny & good looking?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Can't make it Saturday, sorry.  Might be a good idea to trade some basic contact info (email, etc) in case the site goes dark again.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can't make it Saturday, sorry.  Might be a good idea to trade some basic contact info (email, etc) in case the site goes dark again.

[email protected]
View Quote
Was hoping to met you.

I am hoping to make it.  Doubt I will eat anything, I'm allergic to corn and it is in everything.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Was hoping to met you.

I am hoping to make it.  Doubt I will eat anything, I'm allergic to corn and it is in everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[email protected]
Was hoping to met you.

Out of town.  Hopefully this will become a regular thing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Out of town.  Hopefully this will become a regular thing.
View Quote

I certainly hope so.  At least monthly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top