Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 7:43:20 AM EDT
Which State Park in middle/west Tennessee has the gun range?

I thought it was Chickasaw, but don't see anything on the website.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Natchez Trace has a nice range. I camp there alot. The RV park is really nice, several nice lakes, and you can have guns and a place to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Natchez Trace has a nice range. I camp there alot. The RV park is really nice, several nice lakes, and you can have guns and a place to shoot.

Zoe, I thought you couldn't have guns in the campground at a
state park?

I have been looking for a nice place to take the family camping, but I
ain't going nowhere without my Red Ryder range model air rifle.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The web site is a little hinky about it (it's the Gov., go figure), but it appears you can have firearms as long as they are unloaded and secured.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The rangers at the park will even come watch people shoot sometimes, they will if asked allow you to shoot a little after dark for low light drills. I have always carried everywhere I  camp, this is why I stay at Natchez Trace all the time. I even had to draw down on a aggressive Boxer that was running loose trying to attack others pets, the park police told me " save them the bullet and time".

this is a great family place to camp, and you can shoot at the range also, what is not to love.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The rangers at the park will even come watch people shoot sometimes, they will if asked allow you to shoot a little after dark for low light drills. I have always carried everywhere I  camp, this is why I stay at Natchez Trace all the time. I even had to draw down on a aggressive Boxer that was running loose trying to attack others pets, the park police told me " save them the bullet and time".

this is a great family place to camp, and you can shoot at the range also, what is not to love.

This is all true, it is one of the biggest hunting parks in Tn, guns just need to be kept unloaded while not an the range or going into the woods. The game wardens are all real nice people, just dont screw up, one of the looks like a pro wrestler. The best thing about the park is its only about 10 miles from my house
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Henry Horton has a state-ran skeet range. Nice park too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Crap I should've asked you guys before going to Tim Fords this pastg weekend.. I better work on my permit, damn I hate going to the driver license offices.. Natchez trace might be my next camp site...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Just say when guys and we will plan a shoot at the Park.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The only bad thing about natchez is that they put the pistol line in front of the rifle line.  Weirds me out when someone is shooting a rifle from behind me and to the left.  You spend about half your time thinking please dont let a round richochet off of a post on the 50 yard target.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just say when guys and we will plan a shoot at the Park.

Sounds like we need to plan a West Tn. camp weekend.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Do they have any issues with heavy weapons (belt-feds, crank-fires, FA stuff)?

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
They do not any issues or signs stating no NFA/FA weapons. You might have to let the ranger blast a few rounds though.

Anytime I have ever used the range, NOBODY has ever attempted to use the rifle range while I was doing pistol CQB AR work. People are generally nice and safe. With the firepower we usually have at the range, bubba with the deer rifle does not want to cause conflict. If somebody is using rifle part I wait, they usually leave rather quickly when they see the evil weapons anyway.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They do not any issues or signs stating no NFA/FA weapons. You might have to let the ranger blast a few rounds though.

Anytime I have ever used the range, NOBODY has ever attempted to use the rifle range while I was doing pistol CQB AR work. People are generally nice and safe. With the firepower we usually have at the range, bubba with the deer rifle does not want to cause conflict. If somebody is using rifle part I wait, they usually leave rather quickly when they see the evil weapons anyway.

Because they always think were Feds or dont have alot of time to leave their meth labs unattended , they either will wait until were finished or leave as soon as they see the ammo going down range and the arsenol that could overthrow a third world country. No one has ever put a rifle bullet down range while i been at the pistol range, everyone is always safe and courteous. Sometimes a hunter will sit on the ground at the 50 yd mark which is even with the pavillon at the pistol side and they have always asked permission to do that, i guess the one who has the most toys is the range master when the Rangers are not there, and they are rarley there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top