Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 5:21:05 PM EDT
I just got into building AK's and my WASR is coming along nicely with its refit to its former glory as a "semi-automatic assault weapon".  One bad result of me tooling around with it is its been scratched and dented pretty good.  While AK's are supposed to gain character with battle scars, Id like to paint it with guncote or moly resin.  Only problem is finding an oven large enough to do an AK barrel and receiver combo.  If anyone in the memphis area has built an oven for curing paints for firearms and could find it in thier hearts to let me borrow it (even for a nominal fee) I would be very appreciative.  Ive thought about making my own, but I know I would never use it again and it wouldnt be cost effective.  Also, if anybody can tell me where to get a rivet squeezer in memphis I would appreciate that info too.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of setup do you have for building AK's?  Not too long ago I purchased a Tantal kit that I am itching to assemble.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty much a bench vise and my hand tools so far.  I plan on getting a shop press when I get the rest of my shop set up, so it might be a while.  The only tough part I can see about AK builds is scrounging up a rivet squeezer.  I havnt found any local sources for one so Im guessing Ill have to order one from an aircraft supply house.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top