Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2023 9:48:10 PM EDT
The fam and I are flying into Salt Lake City later this month. Bringing a couple of pistols, I have flown with firearms before and am comfortable with the regs. Looking for any specific advice for SLC. Anyone have any issues there? Anything I should know?
Also, we will be spending one night near the airport, any recommendations on good local restaruants? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Delta sometimes gets a little stupid about the actual gun case in transit. A couple of times, we've retrieved them (not on the baggage claim. You have to go to the baggage office) and they have put plastic straps or zip ties around them. You need a knife or scissors to open them, which you don't have until you get your checked luggage and assuming you have a knife in there. It's a little stupid and they don't always do it. But it delays you opening your case at the airport, which is probably their goal.

Second vote for Red Iguana. I also like Gourmandise French Bakery and restaurant downtown.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You should have no problems coming or departing from the SLC airport with firearms.  Please check your carryon luggage and clothes for loaded or empty cartridges.  The TSA is really pissy if you have loaded or empty brass in our pockets.

Third vote for the Red Iguana.  It is a don't miss if you are visiting SLC.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

Gourmandise is out the back door of my office building.  Dangerous place.
View Quote
I have a family member who works there. And they get a discount. Makes for very good desert when they visit us.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.
Reservation has been made for Red Iguana
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top