Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2013 7:20:04 PM EDT
I went out 201 for the first time in a long time - saw a place just west of the 900 West exit called Discount Guns & Ammo.  Didn't have a chance to go in - wondering if anyone has been in there or knows if it is worth stopping by.

Just found their website - I guess they have two locations - one in Provo also:  http://www.discountgunandammo.com/

Link Posted: 11/26/2013 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been in the Provo location and I really like it because it's more of a law enforcement store so it keeps out most of the tards!
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't been in a while, but when I used to go I really liked them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Good deal...  Might have to stop by after the holidays.  

But...  I've been good this year and haven't picked up anything lately.  I wonder how mad my better half will be if I go ahead and buy her gifts for me this year...  

Link Posted: 11/27/2013 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I boycotted them when they were charging 59.99 for 1000 primers last year during the craze.  Even now their prices are ridiculously high.  34.99 for 1lb of h4895.  screw that
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been to the west valley store several times but haven't purchased anything.
Very helpful staff with no attitude, good selection, high prices on ammo and reloading supplies. But they have ammo and reloading stuff! I almost bought one of the police trade in 870s.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been into both stores.  Last time was back in August.  I've never bought anything from them.  Most of their stuff is way overpriced.

$40-50 for a 1000 primers, and we're not talking match stuff.  $1600 for a PTR you can get from Atlantic or Buds for $1100.  $30+ for a pound of powder

The people working there have always been really nice, better than most actually.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Everything is way overpriced. Guys behind the counter are usually dicks. They treat LEO's like royalty, but could care less about civilians and sportsmen.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I go into the Provo location quite regularly. They're good guys, but always remember my name and the last reason I was in there--despite being less than a visit a month.  

Their prices are sometimes not the greatest, but they're a pretty personal shop, and am always treated pretty darn well.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top