Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 11:20:29 PM EDT
My father-in-law wants a decent AK for as little money as possible.  I was just wondering if anyone knows of any person/gunsmith/business in the Salt Lake or Utah Counties who can build a reliable quality AK.  We would supply a Romanian parts kit, the receiver (we would buy one that is already bent and not just a flat), and any other parts (if any) needed.  I think all we would need someone for is the tools and experience to put together a quality AK.  We would be looking to pay around $100 for their service.  Then if the build turned out well, I would probably want to have him build another one for me

Any suggestions where to look locally?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:11:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think I read on the AK board that someone was sending theirs to Vector.  He was purchasing a receiver from them.  I don't know what the cost was.

I appreciate the idea and called Vector.  They told me that if I provided the parts and bought a receiver from them, they would charge $325 to put it together  That would bring the total to ~$120 for the parts + $69 for the receiver + $325 for the build = $514... definitely more than I was hoping to spend.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top