Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:47:47 AM EDT
My buddy moved to Boise....well the Army moved him and my wife and i are heading up there on Thurs. Are there any places to go and shoot around????Can you shoot in the woods if your away from the road and any houses???? Also i heard that its open carry....can you have a loaded mag in it while driving??? Anything else i should keep an eye out for???? Bringing an AR for me and the mrs. and hand gun each....
Brian
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a CCW in any other state it will be recognized in Idaho.  Without it, you can carry in a car concealed as long as it is not loaded.  If it is loaded it has to be out in the open.  And yes, you can open carry just about everywhere but you will still get some looks unless you are in very remote areas of idaho.  Many places to shoot here, just use common sense and avoid private property unless you have permission.

good summary of carry laws packing.org
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Renegade, do I know you from www.arizonashooting.com perhaps?  How long are you going to be in town, maybe we can get you out and do some shooting this weekend.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I use Renegade_of_funk to post on Jeep boards and AZ shooting as well. The AZ shootintg account wasnt used enough and i had to change it to Bx.Bombers. We're going to do some shooting and 4x4 on sat. Where in Id are you???
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I use Renegade_of_funk to post on Jeep boards and AZ shooting as well. The AZ shootintg account wasnt used enough and i had to change it to Bx.Bombers. We're going to do some shooting and 4x4 on sat. Where in Id are you???

I'm in Boise but unfortunately I work Saturdays.  The Blacks Creek gun club is hosting the local machine gun club for a St. Patrick's day shoot.  You should check it out if you can.  If you don't know where it is here's their web site.

www.blackscreekrange.com/

www.iawca.org/events.htm#st_pat
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top