Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 3:42:34 PM EDT
Well, are you? I'll probably go, I always like to look for stuff, and I'll have a toy that (sadly) needs a new home, as I need rent money. Anyway, I hope to see anyone there, and when it warms up we need to do another area shoot. The last one we organized, there were only 3 of us!

ETA--Went up early in the morning, stayed for quite a while. I got one dealer who tried to lowball me on the Polytech, using the illogical rationale that I should sell it cheaper to him so he could turn around and sell it at the price I wanted to. I may need money, but not that badly. Another prediction came true, and that was that one guy asked how much, and just walked away when I told him. He must suffer from the "every AK is a WASR, and must only cost $300" syndrome. I had a couple guys very interested, but lacking in funds, and I have a lead on another guy (maybe a dealer, maybe not) who was interested, and gave me a contact number. I may have to drive back up there, but if I can get most of my asking price, it's worth it. Also scored a bubba'd M-N for $50 that looks really clean for truck gun use and 880rnds of  7.62x54R Polish to feed it for $80. It was sad, however; I think I saw a grand total of 2 FALS, 3 or maybe 4 (including mine) UF AKs, not that many other types of AKs, and that's about it.  Saw Medicmandan and his brother going into the CCW class. Well, not a perfect day, but not a bad one. It will be better if the deal pans out on the Polytech and I can have some cash for bills later next week.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep..I am gonna go but it's kinda like crack. Ya know it's not good for you but you just can't quit.

I always buy so ammo my Miwall so I can justify the fee.

What ya sellin Dar?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Pre-ban (early import) Polytech Double underfolder, has UF stock and folding bayonet. I don't know how many rounds were put through it before I got it, but I will conservatively say it's 85% (really much better, but don't want any accusations of false advertising) condition, bore still looks really nice. It's a little dirty because I put 120rnds or less down recently, and I forgot that I don't have a .30 bore brush, so it didn't get cleaned as well as I would have liked. Early pattern firing pin (not free floating), and the blonde HG and PG. If you'll be there early on in the morning, you may see me with it, and by all means ask to look. I have a distinct feeling that I will get several incredulous looks from people who think all AKs are WASRs, and should therefore cost $300, and at least 2 or 3 lowball offers from dealers who are trying to convince me that what I have is garbage. Okay, rant mode off. You're right about the addictive quality of the shows. I get stupid looks and questions, but I still keep going. Anyway. Not happy about having to sell, but reality has a way of taking away toys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT to read the edits.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, if this deal doesn't work out, I'll just hold onto it until we have another area shoot; I like trades as well as money, and I'd much prefer that it ended up in the hands of ARFcommers than anyone else. Like I said, if it falls through, you all may see it show up, and then we can do some wheelin' and dealin'.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
If anyone is interested in Cheetah 7.62*39, HSW has 1440 rounds for $209.99 at the show. I know it is not the best price , but there is not much of it around SLC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Any 5.45X39 at this show?  If not, I'll by pass it and just order on line.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Not that I saw.  I thought the show was pretty much shit.    Witht eh Ban gone i was expecting more.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree with it being pretty bad. I also wanted to let everyone know here in the HT forum that I do have a potential buyer for my Polytech. I got an IM today asking questions about it, so I thought I'd say it publicly one more time. If the deal falls through, I will probably hold onto it until April or so, I'm not too horrifically short of money. Alternatively, if I still have it and we plan an area shoot before then, it will come with me and anyone interested can take a look. So, I'll keep it updated.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't been to the last few shows, so I went to this one.
The one nice thing about the declining number of tables is there's more room to walk around.
If I had to judge by the parking I'd say attendance isn't declining much if at all.

I always get ammo from Miwall Wholesale when I go to a show.
And it was nice to see Douglas Precision there again.
I'd made up my mind a couple years ago to get a trapdoor steel target, but then every show I went to they weren't there.

So I was happy.
Planned to get a couple of things, & got what I wanted.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I was there on Saturday.  I was a little disapointed with the chinese trinket/chiropractor/stuffed animal/baked bread tables, but I'm learning to expect those at these gunshows.

Generally speaking, I wasn't impressed.  I did find a good deal on a chest rig for $20 and I was able to pick up some 7.5 Swiss ammo, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Some things never change.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:01:19 AM EDT
[#16]
The Swiss ammo was $24 for a brick of 60 rounds.  Not a huge bargain, but a reasonable price.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top