Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/15/2002 9:10:16 PM EDT
my god, you would think no one lives in these states, or is it that none of us backwoods mountain men have computers?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I do.  I think that the lack of a tack on the general discussion forum is what's keeping people from finding this place.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't even notice this forum until I read the holiday message.  There certainly does seem to be a shortage from these states.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Just FYI,

We Colorado members are doing our best to stir up a feud with the guys from Texas and California.
Join in if you'd like.

It'd be nice to have some other folks who can actually breathe at 100 feet ASL or higher on our side.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have them beat easily, I'm in Laramie at 7280 ft.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Checking in.  Just found the joint.  Nampa Idaho here.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Born and raised in the Helena/Great Falls MT area, can I stop in and say hello once in awhile?

SRM
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I just stumbled onto this hometown section.  I'm located in Utah.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Watch-Six, where are you in Utah?  I'm moving back there in May when the wife graduates law school.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#9]
i thought laramie was 7250 ft. i lived in laramie off and on for about 9 years. kind of miss it .i do enjoy having 4 equal length seasons though[smile]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#10]
There's sign in the Arena Auditorium that says welcome to 7280 feet.  Maybe it sits a little higher than the rest of town.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Born and raised in Wyo.  Move away 3 years ago to this damn rainy state for work.  Making back home in the spring.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Medicmandan,  I live about 30 miles south of SLC.  We will be glad to have you.  We progunners are getting watered down by the masses moving in from the west coast.  Best.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#13]
That's just north of Provo?  Anywhere decent to go shooting down there?
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, that was fast!  Yes I'm just north of Provo.  There are two indoor ranges in the area, one in Lindon and another in Springville, just south of Provo.  Lots of public lands west of here to shoot on, but the expansion of houses is constantly pushing us further out.  Probably not as much free outdoor space as in Wyoming, but certainly better than most places.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#15]
There's plenty of free space out here, but you have to get to a range with high enough back stops to hide from the wind.  No matter what it looks like when I'm packing up the guns, the wind always kicks up to 30 mph when I get to where I'm shooting.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#16]
If there's enough of us in the SLC area, we should put a shoot together next summer.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There's plenty of free space out here, but you have to get to a range with high enough back stops to hide from the wind.  No matter what it looks like when I'm packing up the guns, the wind always kicks up to 30 mph when I get to where I'm shooting.

i have a problem with wind too.  luckily, my shooting range is my back yard, so more days are availible to me.  

let me know if you WY guys plan a big shoot and maybe i will be able to come down.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm one of those guys that didn't find this forum until I read the Holiday Message from Goatboy.  I'm another Flathead County Montanan.  I usually shoot over at the NVSC in Columbia Falls damn near every weekend, except during hunting season.  The only other board members I know are local is Diverse and ELCope.

Grizzlyarms, where abouts are you in the state??

I for one can't believe that its the middle of December and theres NO SNOW ON THE GROUND AT MY HOUSE!!!!  I'm at 3250 feet elevation in the West Valley area...  WTF???
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#19]
i am near Great Falls,  no snow here either.  no forcast for snow before christmas.  too bad, i was really wanting a white christmas this year.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, so you're on the other side of the divide then...  I usually spend a couple of weeks a year over there in the flatlands shooting coyotes prarie dogs and antelope.  Usually up in the Havre Chinook area (northeast of Grizzlyarms by a couple hundred miles, for non Montanan guys on here.)  If I ever get over that way I'll make sure to look you up.  And of course if you ever come over here, do the same.  My new e-mail adress is [email protected]  I haven't figured out how to change that in your profile yet and I don't want to start over.  I've been using this screen name on AR15 since '98.  Although I'm not a 5000 post user...

Yep, if I could figure out a way to make a living over in the flatlands, I'd move in a minute...
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 4:37:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Another Nampan? Nampanite? Nampitian? Whatever, make me the 2nd poster from Nampa, Idaho.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Grizzleyarms and BushmasterDan, I am from Billings. My Dad lives in Laurel. I got some cousins in Circle area. I am in the Army stationed in Germany right now. Just got back from Macedonia/Kosovo.

I'd like to retire in Montana. Any ideas on how to make a living there?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:08:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Grizzleyarms and BushmasterDan, I am from Billings. My Dad lives in Laurel. I got some cousins in Circle area. I am in the Army stationed in Germany right now. Just got back from Macedonia/Kosovo.

I'd like to retire in Montana. Any ideas on how to make a living there?

No snow in Bavaria either.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Tangochaser,

Well, I'm a machinist.  As far as any ideas on how to make a living...  If I figure it out I'll let you know :)

Billings huh??  Got a buddy that works for the womens prison there (D.O.C.)  Its not nearly as cool as you think...

If you retire up here as ex military just do what all the other ex military retiree's do.  Work for the FWP, BLM, US Border Patrol, one of the many branches of the USDA, or the postal service.  Hell you own an AR15?  You're half way to being a postal employee
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#25]
wow, germany.  thanks for your service.  

as far as making a living here, it's not easy.  you get paid half as much as someone from any other state doing the same job.  Not as much pressure though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:10:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I bet I am the only one here from Idaho City. Woohoo.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Yup...

But then what'd you expect living in Idaho City??

When this all started out, I should have said I was from Cleaveland MONTANA...  I bet nobody knows where thats at..??

If you're thinking "Ass end of nowhere."  You'd be right.  Its got a bar thats also the post office and the general store (as long as all you need at your ranch is beer and whiskey) and an old schoolhouse.  The population quadruples come antelope hunting season...  One day we walked into the Cleaveland Bar and my yuppy friend Ed (ELCope) asked what they had for beer.  The bartender answered, and this is no BS, "We got Bud, Bud Light, Miller High Life, PBR, and Raineer.  For Micro's we got Rolling Rock, MGD, and Kokanee..."
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I reside in Great Falls, mT during the summer months and sparsely throughout the rest of the year. Anyone ever going out for a shoot around here let me know...
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I'd put a twenty on my being the only one from Kuna.  I'm at Nampa Rod & Gun Club's outdoor range a lot, as it's only a few miles from home. Anybody interested in shooting a few send me an email & we'll see if we can hook up.

-hanko
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd put a twenty on my being the only one from Kuna.  I'm at Nampa Rod & Gun Club's outdoor range a lot, as it's only a few miles from home. Anybody interested in shooting a few send me an email & we'll see if we can hook up.

-hanko

I did a siding job in Kuna once.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#31]
so, bullmoose270, where are you at right now? i got done shooting my sks about an hour ago.  we should see how many GF or area residents we can get together for a shoot. - since the weather is so nice and all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm only about an hour and a half south of Billings.  I live in Powell, WY.  Anybody here from northern WY, or southern MT?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Guns 7.62

Whats the competitive shooting scene like over there in the Powell area?  Any IPSC, IDPA, or three gun shoots?  I've got a buddy living in Billings that I used to shoot IPSC up here with and he was asking me the other day...  He said there wasn't much going on in Billings that he'd heard of, said most of the shooters he'd met shoot in Wyoming somewhere.  I'd of course pass along any info that you know of

Up here this time of year there isn't ANYTHING going on.  We have a few rifle shoots through the winter at one club, and thats about it...  Unless you one of those rich snobby types that shoots trap or clays.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Medicman, you have me beat by about 700ft.  I'm at 6500 in Cheyenne.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#35]
About the only thing is trap.  There are a few cowboy matches over in Cody, but I haven't heard of any 3 gun, IDPA, ect.  If you hear of anything let me know that would be a hoot.  I have never shot competition, except for clays and trap.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Another Cheyenne guy!  I've found two of you on here now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:42:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Another Cheyenne guy!  I've found two of you on here now.

I believe there are 3 of us.  WX, my father and Shrike who I have yet to meet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Nampa rotten gun club is my dive too.  Was there on New Years morning bringing the new year in right!  AR10A4!  KBOI Traffic watch pilot here.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I didn't even know this forum existed until today.  SE Idaho here, born and raised.  I moved back here after my 4-year term in the Army so my kid had a decent place to grow up.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Hanko, maybe I'll see you at the gun show saturday. Will be there to get my new range key.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Hanko, maybe I'll see you at the gun show saturday. Will be there to get my new range key.  Planerench out.

Planewrench, check your IM.

-hanko
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Hey Nampa/Boise-types: where's the gun show on Saturday? I see on at the Ada fairgrounds the 18th-19th, but dunno about one the 11th-12th.

Pablo (in Nampa)
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Pablo, Nampa Rod & Gun Club, indoor range. I'd expect something smaller than the ones at the fairgrounds. I ought to be there by 10 on Saturday.

Address/map at www.nrgcnews.org/map1.htm.
-hanko
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks, hanko. What are the hours? I was thinking about doing some snowshoeing in the morning and if so, wouldn't make it back to town till mid-afternoon.

Pablo
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Pablo, 9 until at least 5 on Saturday; 9 or 10 'til at least 4 on Sunday.  There may be an ad in the guns classified of the Statesman today, there has been one in the paper since at least Sunday.

-hanko
Link Posted: 1/14/2003 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#46]
GrizzlyArms, BushmasterDan,

I appreciate the comments on my service but trust me, the pleasure is all mine. Since I've been in the Army, I've sailed accross the Altantic twice, been to 16 different countries, seen combat, flown in every helicopter in service and most aircraft. I've fired weapons from Germany, France, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Denmark, Korea, North Korea, and Iraq. I've been thru the straits of Gibralter, the Suez Cannal, the Mediteranian Sea. I've gone swimming in the Yellow Sea.

All in all it's been a blast. I've 21 years in come February. I got at least 2 1/2 more to go before the Army will accept my retirement. I have to complete this tour and then do at least 1 year in the states before I can retire. I am trying to get a job in AC/RC. This is a training job helping new Guard and Reserve units conduct training.

If that don't work, there is always the Wildlife Conservation job handing out range passes. I would like to wack some more tangos before I go though.

Hey, how do you know when a terrorist becomes a man?

He takes his diaper off his butt and puts it on his head.

Profiling works, just ask the Israeli's.

Would an indoor range be profitable in Montana?
Link Posted: 1/18/2003 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Tangochaser,

Would an indoor range in Montana be profitable??  There's already one here, I haven't been a member in 3 years.  It was too expensive, it was a dump, and the ventilation sucked.  So I'm guessing its not making them money.

Wanna get rich in Montana.  Open up a whore house
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#48]
ArmyInf what part of SE Idaho do you live in? I'm not a resident but have 80 acres in SE Idaho outside of Preston, overlooks the Oneida Reservoir and runs parallel with the Bear River along the Oneida Narrows. Bought in '93 when I was stationed at Hill AFB, UT in the middle of winter and two weeks before I was to PCS to Kunsan AB, Korea. I really miss the mountain states and hope to get back to Preston this summer and do some camping and tubing down the river. Smartest thing I did while I was in the Air Force was buy acreages at every CONUS base I was stationed at, selling off 6 in Arizona to pay off bills and build my "mad money" account back up. I plan to keep the remaining 6 AZ acreages so that I have somewhere to go shooting at when I visit. Looking at you guys posting about your locations really makes me miss that area even more.
Link Posted: 1/30/2003 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Checking in from SLC, UT.
Link Posted: 1/31/2003 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#50]
HI, it's been a while since Iv'e checked in here but started poking my head around the last couple of days and found this board.

I live in Sanpete County Utah. Glad to get together for a shoot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top