Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2021 10:56:53 PM EDT

The Oregon Democrats are wasting no time starting their assault on your safety.

As you know, the Democrats have locked you out of your building, and in spite of their deceitful lip service to the contrary, effectively silenced your voice in the Capitol.

We need you to take action. You can do so here: https://freeroots.com/go/protect-my-right-to-protect-my-family

All reports indicate that the first order of business will be Senate Bill 554.

SB 554 will effectively end concealed handgun licenses while ironically doubling their cost.

Under SB 554, any public building, and the property near it, can (and will) become a no-go zone for CHL holders while lawfully armed. ("Lawfully armed" soon to become an oxymoron.)

The definition of "public building" will be greatly expanded to include airports, any building owned or "controlled" by any city, county, or metropolitan service district, any property owned by a college or university and any property near those buildings!

The penalty for being on or near any of these locations will be 5 years in prison and a $125,000.00 fine.

A CHL holder traveling from their home in Hillsboro to the Portland airport to pick up a family member will have committed countless felonies before they even get to the airport.

Under ORS 166.250 it is already technically illegal to go to the airport with a firearm in a locked case that you are intending to travel with if you do not have a CHL. However, in spite of the lunacy of that statute, people have not been prosecuted when declaring firearms at the airport.

Under SB 554, airports will have the power to ban even CHL holders, further exposing gun owners to arbitrary prosecutions.

In short, if the Democrats succeed in passing this as the first of many attacks on your rights, a concealed handgun license will become both more expensive and worthless at the same time.

It is telling that the Democrats are attempting to force through this horrendous attack on your rights and common sense at the same time they are ignoring the spike in criminal violence on our city's streets and applauding the rioting and looting by their Marxist supporters.

Under this scheme not only will you be subject to prosecution for defending yourself and your loved ones, you'll be subject to 5 years in prison for simply having the means to defend yourself!

Right now the Democrats have the power to pass ANYTHING they want to pass. That is simple math, and in the current blood thirsty environment in which we live, anyone who has not sworn allegiance to the far left is a target. Make no mistake, Oregon Democrats intend to impose their will on you as swiftly and harshly as they can.

Anti-rights extremist Floyd Prozanski has already announced an early hearing and work session for SB 554. He has been delayed by Senate President Peter Courtney so that the ruling party can move less contentious bills with little opposition and then get to gutting your rights with SB 554. (Just to start.)

For years, your activism has stalled Prozanski and his fellow travelers from imposing much of their hateful agenda. So you can rest assured, embittered by years of defeats, he will stop at nothing to crush your rights.

The outnumbered Republicans have one hand to play. A refusal to go along with this charade. Like you, Republican legislators have been shut out of the process. They have no means to affect legislation. They have, for all intents and purposes, been silenced. But, they have demonstrated the ability to stop the onslaught of freedom destroying legislation by refusing to participate.

If the Republicans don't show up, the show cannot go on. Period.

So there are limited options.

1) The Republicans can do nothing and be steamrolled while your rights and property are stolen.

2) They can extract a guarantee that bad, freedom crushing bills are not heard or they will leave.

3) They can walk out.

We well know the cost to Republicans of options 1 and 3. Walkouts are dangerous, subjecting Republicans to arrest at the hands of Kate Brown's Oregon State Police.
Democrat leadership has threatened fines and other penalties against anyone daring to take a stand. Anyone who walks will have to leave the state or be prepared for a potentially violent confrontation with law enforcement. It's not pretty.

Furthermore, it's safe to say that currently the Republicans are NOT unified in a desire to confront the leftists. Republican Senator Tim Knopp has repeatedly refused to stand up for Oregonians in the past staying behind to help the Democrats push their attempts at draconian gun restrictions.

Some new legislators have not yet been faced with taking this kind of tough stand, and right now, former Senator Alan Olsen's seat is open and will be filled by Clackamas County Commissioners.

The Chair of the County Clackamas County Commission, Tootie Smith, has demonstrated that she is far more interested in protecting herself than standing up for principle and so her vote cannot be counted on. This means that she may very well vote to appoint someone who will NOT join any walk out.

But, the fact is, that as jeopardous and costly as a walk-out would be, the alternative is the beginning of the end for gun rights in the state. It is really quite that simple.

Unless Republican Leaders can extract a written, ironclad, guarantee that the many bills the Democrats have introduced to destroy your liberty are not heard, their only option is to leave.

This is not a conclusion we came to ourselves. Our conversations with the strongest members of the Republican Caucus have confirmed this position.

So please take a moment to contact the Oregon Republicans and remind them that as difficult as walking out will be, staying behind guarantees the complete defeat of their avowed principles.

It is truly now or never.

Take action here.

You can view this post in a browser here https://www.oregonfirearms.org/the-attacks-have-begun-time-to-fight
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It's all just so fucking tiresome.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's all just so fucking tiresome.
View Quote

Very much so.

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a bunch of bad bills in Oregon this session! One would make it a 5 year felony to own a 80% lower!
It's not even just guns. There's another bill that would allow the .gov to take your house without compensation.
There's another bill that would do something with preemption, end it I think. I read on another site that it would be the worst thing that could possably happen to the 2A in Oregon. And I read that on a liberal pro gun site.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have already written my legislators about the gun bills and others. Both got back to me and one declined to comment on the gun bills because they are so “contentious.”

SOB, you were elected to make good decisions both hard and easy. Don’t pull that bs!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's a bunch of bad bills in Oregon this session! One would make it a 5 year felony to own a 80% lower!
It's not even just guns. There's another bill that would allow the .gov to take your house without compensation.
There's another bill that would do something with preemption, end it I think. I read on another site that it would be the worst thing that could possably happen to the 2A in Oregon. And I read that on a liberal pro gun site.
View Quote

You forgot the part about every one of the bills having the emergency clause. Complete bullshit throwing that on there. Make the bills effective immediately.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Who are you supposed to write to about these? Your state congressman? Senator? Do you just write to the one from your district or is there any reason not to just contact all of them?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
In Oregon your representation is a Senator and a Representative.  They have separate district systems (maps) but generally overlap.

The push right now has been to contact all the Republicans to urge them to walk out of the session should any truly egregious bills come up.  Basically... a boycott.  The Democrats, even though they have a majority, can't pass any legislation unless there's a quorum, and they need at least a few Republicans (I can't remember the number right now) to show up in order to have a quorum.  The catch is that the Democrats and the governor can "compel" them to return, i.e. send the OSP after them.

The same thing happened in the last session, and the R's did walk out, several times.  The primary issue at that time was the low-carbon/climate change bill, with a side benefit of derailing some potential gun-related stuff.  But the main point of the walkouts was the carbon cap stuff.

My state rep and senator both know how I feel about gun control legislation and fortunately they're of like mind.  I send them a note now and then to just kinda check in and offer support but try not to bombard them.  I usually also e-mail the rep and senator in the very closely neighboring district where most of us work/get groceries/etc.  Same situation, they're both OK.

The problem with all this is that while the reps for the solidly red districts are safe, there are a lot of kinda "purple" areas that are still voting R (like my district).  Granted there are some purple areas voting D too (and we did manage to convert one D seat to R last election cycle) but I think the R's in the purple areas have more to lose.  So if you're an R in a purple area, on one hand if you don't talk tough and walk out, you risk alienating a solid chunk of your strongest supporters. On the other hand there are enough RINO's, and new D's moving into the district, that if you go too hard-line, you might shed just enough votes to lose to the D next election cycle.  My concern is that a lot of Republicans are starting to figure that certain Democratic priorities, like gun control, just aren't the hills they want to die on.  Plus at this point, they would of course be on record as having voted NO anyway, who am I gonna vote for next time?  The Democrat?  Some 3rd party candidate with no hope of winning?

But, who to contact: Historically there were a few D's who canvassed with the R's on gun control (think Betsy Johnson in Scappoose).  They'd be good to check in with, as well anyone newly elected to their office (D or R).  The new faces need to be reminded that gun control is, in fact, a make-or-break issue for a lot of people.

Bottom line though, the Portland cancer just keeps growing and that cancer votes Democrat.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have contacted my representatives, one of which I have worked with on a local issue. Let’s just say that I have very little faith that we can defeat these bills. I know for a fact that there are a couple Dems who do not believe in the bills like this one. But like the teachers in our schools they are being told this is how you will vote or else.

The strangle hold the Democrats have on our state is destroying it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:49:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have contacted my representatives, one of which I have worked with on a local issue. Let’s just say that I have very little faith that we can defeat these bills. I know for a fact that there are a couple Dems who do not believe in the bills like this one. But like the teachers in our schools they are being told this is how you will vote or else.

The strangle hold the Democrats have on our state is destroying it.
View Quote

Who are they? IM me if you don't want it public.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Oregon is getting worse and worse. Im saddened and ashamed to live here. I will be leaving just not as soon as I would like.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:46:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oregon is getting worse and worse. Im saddened and ashamed to live here. I will be leaving just not as soon as I would like.
View Quote

I spent the morning looking at real estate in several states.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Attention!

Vote Tomorrow!

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20210504/oregon-anti-gun-legislators-rushing-to-pass-gun-control-legislation-move-vote-to-tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#13]
That was the NRA.

OFF link -

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/gun-ban-scheduled-for-tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I've read that the republicans were already paid off (Federal Covid $$) and they were going to show up?

Ammoland News -Oregon Democrats Take Radical Actions Against Gun Owners While Republicans Ca$h Out
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#15]
It passed yesterday with the same 6 "Republicans" that showed up for the earlier vote helping to pass it this time.  These RINO's include my own Senator Bill Hansell.  The Federal money was all it took for the RINO's to screw their constituents over.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:20:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I think it says it's a class c violation to have a gun in your house that isn't locked up. So what's a class c violation? Felony? Misdemeanor?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#17]
of course it passed. In this state law bidding citizens are the enemy of the state. If your a antifa armed and blocking roads it ok, so yeah I see the writing on the wall as do most of us. We are on the wrongs side of politics here and are unwelcomed. There is no amount of petitioning in this state that will stop them from attacking our freedoms. With Governor Brown at the helm and with our current legislature we would be lucky to keep any rights not protected by supreme court rulings.  you stay and endure or leave. I wanted to leave but waited too long cannot afford to move. So I get to endure. I have 7 years before retirement, grit and bear it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I would think the local sheriffs department will take hit, with the uselessness of the CCW permit they will lose revenue.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would think the local sheriffs department will take hit, with the uselessness of the CCW permit they will lose revenue.
View Quote

But they doubled the fee for CHLs.
I have thought seriously about canceling my CHL, but from what I understand it will always show up when they run your DL, even years after it expires. I regret ever getting a CHL and will never get one in another state if I move. Reason: the cops know you have it. I've had a cop at the VA hospital put his hand on his gun and ask if I'm carrying right now. That's bull shit. I'm the good guy and I follow the law. I wasn't carrying because I knew it's illegal to carry on federal property. If I was a POS thug carrying illegally he'd never have known.
This is who they are protecting: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/05/video-blm-militants-draw-ar-15s-ak-47s-portland-motorists-no-police-scene-reign-terror-continues/
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think it says it's a class c violation to have a gun in your house that isn't locked up. So what's a class c violation? Felony? Misdemeanor?
View Quote

IIRC, Heller/McDonald SCOTUS case renders this unConstitutional.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#21]
It's highly unlikely that violations of the storage requirements would be charged on their own; rather, as an add-on to other charges.  The state will take its chances that in those scenarios, nobody would appeal such a conviction (and it's unlikely to make it past the anti-gun 9th, anyway).  It's an incredibly stupid way to legislate but that's just par for the course in Salem.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top