Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:08:14 PM EDT
and next to the $3k Valmet I saw a Bushmaster for $1550. Didn't look like the barrel was made out of iridium, wasn't free floated or anything, just a normal looking 20" AR.

Anybody have any ideas if Bushmaster has a special model that retails at that price? I couldn't find the regular A2 styles rifles at Bushmaster's website.

BSW
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the Gun ROOM.

Don't you know everything they have is special?

Ask for a Browning A-bolt and hold on for the ride!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you ask if they had any GLOCKs in stock?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
plane jane A2 MSRP:  $1095
most expensive A2 (DCM competition model) MSRP:  $1150

that's a hell of a lot of markup.  I hope nobody is stupid enough to buy it.

www.bushmaster.com/competition_rifles.asp?cat=16R
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
That's what ya get for going in there.

Nothing but headaches.

Occasionally I will go stop in if I'm bored to see if they have any AK's for sale
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually didn't buy anything. I was looking for  a new cleaning rod, they didn't have what I wanted. I wound up getting it with free shipping online.

They amuse me. Whatever they're selling is the 'best in the world' and if they don't have it it's crap. The funny numbers on the stickers only add to the fun.

BSW
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard so many funny things about this place, and i ruled out ever even getting near it LONG ago, but it still makes me wonder - how does the place stay in business? Are there that many numbnuts out there that he can still afford to spit in customers faces and mark things up over 50%? Makes me really appreciate it when i find a respectible gun shop.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you ask what they charge for the back ground check? The last time I was dumb enough to stop in I overheard some poor bastard asking if his approval was done yet, he was told no, and he then asked if he would get a refund of his $125 for the check if it did'nt come through soon.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's what ya get for going in there.

Nothing but headaches.

Occasionally I will go stop in if I'm bored to see if they have any AK's for sale

Heh.....I made that mistake before I knew better....

Me= I'm looking for an SAR-1, would you happen to have any in stock?

Him=  What the hell do you want a commie POS for, here [ hands me a beat to shit K-98 ] THIS is a REAL gun.....and "only" $699  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#10]
We should all go in as a group. Pretend we don't know each other, and ask for things like Glocks, AK-47s, Brownnings, etc....
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Barely could get into the door when he asked me...

He asked me if I was legally here to buy a  gun.

I told him to go fuck himself and the go fuck the horse you ride on.

He told me to GO BACK TO WHEREEVER YOU CAME FROM.

I told him it's kinda hard when the place I was born is a resort hotel on a beach in Hawaii where some fucken american developers got my grandmothers land through eminent domain.

I told him in Oregon ..95 percent of the prisoners in any jail anywhere is white...so don't forget that.

I want that place blown up...and then bulldozed and that jerk and his workers hung on a street lamp as an example of stupidity.

Reminds me of ONE EYED JACK at the gun shows when he called me a greedy gook bastard for not selling him my glock hi caps during the ban days..he wanted 20 bucks for it when he was selling it for 120 each. REMEMBER THOSE DAYS??

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We should all go in as a group. Pretend we don't know each other, and ask for things like Glocks, AK-47s, Brownnings, etc....

+1

Start badmouthing S&W, 1911s too. Keep calling the Valmet an AK.

That would be awesome! Need someone there to take pics too for when the chief dipshit's head explodes.

BSW

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Start badmouthing S&W, 1911s too. Keep calling the Valmet an AK.

I can do that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Barely could get into the door when he asked me...

He asked me if I was legally here to buy a  gun.

I told him to go fuck himself and the go fuck the horse you ride on.

He told me to GO BACK TO WHEREEVER YOU CAME FROM.

I told him it's kinda hard when the place I was born is a resort hotel on a beach in Hawaii where some fucken american developers got my grandmothers land through eminent domain.

I told him in Oregon ..95 percent of the prisoners in any jail anywhere is white...so don't forget that.

I want that place blown up...and then bulldozed and that jerk and his workers hung on a street lamp as an example of stupidity.

Reminds me of ONE EYED JACK at the gun shows when he called me a greedy gook bastard for not selling him my glock hi caps during the ban days..he wanted 20 bucks for it when he was selling it for 120 each. REMEMBER THOSE DAYS??

omg that guy is horrible. I hope he gets sued and looses his business and has to move far, far away where no one will have to see or speak to him again.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#16]
 The word arrogant doesn't even begin to cover his [the owner] problems.  The people that work for him are all OK....welll....
 His son told me "I stand to inherit this place some day, and the first thing I'm going to do is to cut every price in half."
Of course, all of his new guns are "specially  hand picked for him", so they have to be worth twice as much.  W....says "I know how to use a calculator!"
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

A friend of mine bought a Browning HP it was a base model. Guess how much he paid for $400 gun? I tried to talk my friend out of it but he bought it anyway.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#19]
height=8
Quoted:
Quoted:
 The word arrogant doesn't even begin to cover his [the owner] problems.  The people that work for him are all OK....welll....
 His son told me "I stand to inherit this place some day, and the first thing I'm going to do is to cut every price in half."
Of course, all of his new guns are "specially  hand picked for him", so they have to be worth twice as much.  W....says "I know how to use a calculator!"how

I think he started w/ family money [spouse's].  He preys upon those with too much money who believe that the more you pay the better the item.  They use a term for those types...hippopotamus maybe...and he knows he can stick 'em and rip em 2 or 3 times, then one of their friends will clue them in, and they never go back and complain because they are too embarrassed. The ass laughs about it. But then he is the only one who gets hand-picked special rifles from the suppliers.

I agree with Cocktailer...we should all go in there and ruffle his scales.  It would be fun.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I called a few years ago to ask what he charges for a transfer. He said it was $100.00. I mentioned that seemed high compared to other store fronts. That set him off into a stream of phone profanity.

Many of his customers seem to be the type that seem to think high prices mean better quality and that makes the GunRoom a high end store better then other store fronts.

The GunRoom has been around forever. They used to be down on Union Ave. in the 1960's. They were more into military surplus firearmsat that time. They were a smaller version of Andy and Bax who used to be the military firearms and surplus ammo center of the NW.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Of course, all of his new guns are "specially  hand picked for him", so they have to be worth twice as much.  W....says "I know how to use a calculator!"

do tell how he is able to afford to maintain the store and inventory? Are there that many people out there willing to pay that much?

He owns the property.

Warranties all firearms for life.

Central location.

Felony Flats is 2 blocks away.

He used to advertise on TV.

Full service gunsmithing.

And he makes it crystal clear that the guns he sells are awesome and all others are shit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

do tell how he is able to afford to maintain the store and inventory? Are there that many people out there willing to pay that much?

He owns the property.

Warranties all firearms for life.

Central location.

Felony Flats is 2 blocks away.

He used to advertise on TV.

Full service gunsmithing.

And he makes it crystal clear that the guns he sells are awesome and all others are shit.

Apparently he still does.  Just saw an add on TV last night.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A friend of mine bought a Browning HP it was a base model. Guess how much he paid for $400 gun? I tried to talk my friend out of it but he bought it anyway.

He finance it so that when it was all paid off in a year that it was an $789 gun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he started w/ family money [spouse's].  He preys upon those with too much money who believe that the more you pay the better the item.  They use a term for those types...hippopotamus maybe...and he knows he can stick 'em and rip em 2 or 3 times, then one of their friends will clue them in, and they never go back and complain because they are too embarrassed. The ass laughs about it. But then he is the only one who gets hand-picked special rifles from the suppliers.

I agree with Cocktailer...we should all go in there and ruffle his scales.  It would be fun.

You know what, I would love to go in there with a bunch of you guys.  Bring a ton of cash to flash around.  Then proceed to really mess with him.  But then again, that is just me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I want to go there in uniform and see him fuck with me then...
Curious what he'll do.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I was in there friday after a trip to George Morlan Plumbing.  When I walked in they asked me if there was anything they could help me with, I told them no, " that I was in the area and was always on the lookout for good deals". All his 1lb containers of gun powder were over $34.00 each. I walked around the whole place, what a waste of time. There is no way they can stay in business with those prices, at least I won't be back.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#27]
What's funny is that in some ways the guy mainly caters to the wealthy but his tactics are so white trash.

I remember stopping in there about 15 years ago.  I was looking for a new shotgun - Beretta A390 or an 11-87.  He was trying to convince me that I needed to be fit for a shotgun.  Had me shoulder four or five identicle A 390's.  Told me if I purchased it they would take me to the trap and skeet range three or four times and give me shooting lessons, put the right stock shims in, etc and so forth.

All that extra attention was nice but not worth the extra money to me at the time.  I thought the extra warranty was a nice touch and I think there were a couple more things that were nice.  

They usually have a great selection of fine firearms.  I am sure the place was in its best before 3 day shipping and places like gunbroker.com.  A rich guy going on a guided Antelope hunt could walk in there and buy a really nice 25-06 already set up with a nice proven optic, in a case and out the door with some Federal premium or Hornady custom ammo.  And get all kinds of sucking up by the staff.

But when I mentioned what shotgun I had been shooting he came forth with all kinds of vile and profane comments.   He lost me right there.

We have a place in town that has a;ll sorts of real nice high end rifles.  Will cater to your needs.  Do some gunsmithing.  Set up a rifle with a nice scope all sighted in.  Charge you a bit more compared to Bi mart prices.

That sort of country club atmosphere is cool.  personal service

It is the vile, "What?? You have one of those???  Why in the *@@#**%$ would you even touch one of those pieces of $#@^*.  We don't sell junk like that.  You need to go to a toy store for that *&*&%$#"

Really unprofessional.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like the same kind of guy that would drive a BMW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top