Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 4:46:59 PM EDT
I spoke to Sheriff's deputies and they said that there is ongoing work in the rock pit and to expect closure for the next 1-3 months..."most likely the next 3 months."

The deputy mentioned that even he wished the rock pit work had bin done in the early spring months instead of summer!

If this is old news, then at least weep at the photos.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/bizjet747/RockPit1.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/bizjet747/RockPit2.jpg

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn.. look at the ground by the temp. fence.  Looks like a ignorant red necks hang out.  Wouldn't surprise me if they close it indefinitely due to the way shooters are treating the area.  That's sickening; I almost wish they would shut it down.  Gives law biding shooters a bad name.  

dv
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I've seen Memaloose.  Almost made me vomit... all along the road going up are little shooting spots with spent casings littering the area.  I'm not an environmentalist / leftist by any means (actually i'm probably more of an environmentalist than the leftists are because I try to use common sense) but the blatant disregard and disrespect for our natural shooting areas is sickening.  My hats off to those of you who did the cleanup(s).  

The guy in the video.. just not use to shooting automatic weapons or tripping on all the garbage on the ground?

dv
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 Hats of to all those who helped clean up.  It's just inevitable that Memaloose may be closed and I wouldn't be surprised if Brown;s rock pit never re-opens.

I try to bring heavy duty poly garbage bags with me every time I shoot.  What i do when I see any other party shooting around the same spot, I give them one of the bags as a gift, I think the "common sense" environmentalist shooters like us can encourage others by just handing them trash bags, it sends a silent message.  We don't want our spots to get shut down!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah we all try. I bring tons of trash from there.

Maybe in the end, it should be closed.

All the ass fucks that give us a bad name...maybe thats the proper consequence.

What gives in peoples minds to dump trash out there?

Seriously????

there are options.

Marion County has a couple of days they give amnesty and there are no fees.

There are options.

Fucken sick of it when they do that in my rural street.

I pick up t ons of trash on my street.

I usually am walking with my underfolder AK. Gets alot of attention but the Sheriff told me its okay as long I don't walk into city limits.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah we all try. I bring tons of trash from there.

Maybe in the end, it should be closed.

All the ass fucks that give us a bad name...maybe thats the proper consequence.

What gives in peoples minds to dump trash out there?

Seriously????

there are options.

Marion County has a couple of days they give amnesty and there are no fees.

There are options.

Fucken sick of it when they do that in my rural street.

I pick up t ons of trash on my street.

I usually am walking with my underfolder AK. Gets alot of attention but the Sheriff told me its okay as long I don't walk into city limits.

So you need permission to take a gun into city limits???

Sweet!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Too bad it is closed.  It looks like a great place to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#8]
To walk on the street brandishing a rifle I guess I'm not sure.

I do walk the rural roads on Riverdale with my AK.

I have a trash bag on one end and my AK on the other.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top