Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2008 9:52:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
My sister has had it off and on for about 6 weeks now.

I haven't been sick for over a year
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
After having the sniffles for three weeks I went to go see a physician assistant (the doctor was out) and she said it was an allergy. She gave me a free sample of Nasonex (a nose spray) and it cleared it up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I had it a few weeks ago -- my lower back hurt, my joints ached, and I had a fever.  After a day or two the pain subsided, but I still had a fever and then developed a cough that wouldn't go away.  I had to see a doctor and get codeine-laced cough syrup.  I still have a lingering cough.

A lot of people at work seemed to have it.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I had it a few weeks ago -- my lower back hurt, my joints ached, and I had a fever.  After a day or two the pain subsided, but I still had a fever and then developed a cough that wouldn't go away.  I had to see a doctor and get codeine-laced cough syrup.  I still have a lingering cough.

What did your doc say about the cough?

Only reason I ask is cause my wife seems to have the same thing, even though she caught it from me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only reason I ask is cause my wife seems to have the same thing, even though she caught it from me.

He warned me that it could turn into pneumonia -- I don't have that 'cuz my fever went away.  If you spike a high temp, then it could be a problem.

Of course, this is the same doc I saw a few years back when I had a fever that lasted a week and I was dizzy and I saw him for 5 minutes and he told me it could be meningitis and to check back with him.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He warned me that it could turn into pneumonia -- I don't have that 'cuz my fever went away.  If you spike a high temp, then it could be a problem.

Of course, this is the same doc I saw a few years back when I had a fever that lasted a week and I was dizzy and I saw him for 5 minutes and he told me it could be meningitis and to check back with him.  

I have had the same thing but mine has hung around basically since Thanksgiving.  Ill get sick feel a little better for 3 or 4 weeks and get sick again.  The last time it got in my chest and has caused a lot of coughing, tightness and some pain in my chest.  They ended up giving me QVAR and Albuterol to help with it.  It has helped some but I am still not feeling well yet.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#7]
/\ The GF has that right now.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah it's been bad alright.

All four of my kids had it.  The 3, 4 and 8 year old were the worst.  Soaring fevers, barf-o-rama, coughing through the night.  The baby didn't do so bad.  My wife and I were able to dodge it so far thankfully.

I thought I was getting it many times.  I would drink about a gallon of water, eat a grapefruit and go for a hard run.   Afterwards I seemed to always feel like crap but never got the flu.

Hope you all get well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Got Kids?
They have a steep price- I was never sick so often in my life as when my son was in K thru 3rd grade. Now at 13 he never brings shit home....
except so-so grades and a boatload of homework.
Life is better
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been real sick for about a week now. All the above symptoms and feeling totally drained, no energy.

Feelin much better yesterday, so I got out and mowed the lawn. Big mistake. Lawn looks nice, but I'm back down most of today.

I'll be back at work tomorrow, but I guess about half the people in our office are down and out. Got an e-mail from the boss today telling us not to come in if were sick.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've been real sick for about a week now. All the above symptoms and feeling totally drained, no energy.

Feelin much better yesterday, so I got out and mowed the lawn. Big mistake. Lawn looks nice, but I'm back down most of today.

I'll be back at work tomorrow, but I guess about half the people in our office are down and out. Got an e-mail from the boss today telling us not to come in if were sick.

Yeah a financial planner friend calls that the "Dead Cat Bounce"

If dropped from high enough even a dead cat can bounce.  I kinda like the word picture.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#13]
RIP PETA
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#14]
revival of dead thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top