Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 8:44:27 PM EDT
Took the girlfriend and a friend to go see The Golden Compass tonight.  Thank you for hooking us up!!

The movie was awesome!  Little disappointed to see it was only part 1.  I will definitely be going to see part 2.

Next week is I Am Legend.  Who's goin?!

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Big plus 1!
The movie was good for the cinamatography, the plot was weak compared to the book but not too bad an adaptation.
I really appriciate the tickets for my wife, sister-in-law, and mother-in-law as well as myself.
And I'm also looking forward to "I am Legend"
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there for I am Legend.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Did I miss out on the I am legend thread?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I guess you did, I picked up two passes for two people each. I don't know if I'll be going with more than one other person so I have an extra.
Let me know if Sungod is out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you did, I picked up two passes for two people each. I don't know if I'll be going with more than one other person so I have an extra.
Let me know if Sungod is out.

Thanks, just need to sweet-talk the wife  

Normally I just wait for them to come out on DVD....but this one looks like my big screen TV won't do it justice.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't realize there was a movie premiere sub-culture!

There are some people that go to these movies 3 times a week!

It was crazy!  All these people that know each other saying hello and talking movie talk.  Talking about the other premiers they are going to later and such.  They have their laminated necklaces with passes for other movies in the coming months.

Guy sitting next to me was like "So this you first time?  Ya once you go to one you kinda get into the circuit.  I go every week.  You ether find people in the know or find out what radio stations or stores have the tickets.  They usually give out much more than the theater can hold so they have a full house.  You gotta get there early!"

Then they were talking about buying the large popcorn bole because you get a free refill, and you can just bring in to the next movie so you don't have to pay.  Then someone comments how they mark them when they do a refill, and another lady says "You can remove those with those white erasers!  We usually use these 6-7 times before we will buy them again."

It was funny
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I probably should have gone, oh well.

I am definitely getting in on I Am Legend.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1, I wont miss that
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, I wont miss that

Same here.  Assuming I have tickets....
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I have my confirmation just got to make sure I get seats now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top