Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 2:20:19 AM EDT
They flip-flop more than Kerry

As of 3am, the NWS says 30% chance of snow overnight, with snow likely AFTER 10am Saturday, with some winds starting to move in, changing to rain late in the day and through the rest of the weekend.

Quite a change from the original "ZOMGWTFBBQ WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ITS THE STORM OF THE CENTURY 4 inches of snow and 65mph winds." Looks like they expect winds in the metro area around maybe 35mph now? Geez. Mark & Dave wanted to name the storm the other day. I don't think they would have let me on the air with this, but I nominate it the "Blue-Balls Storm" I wanted snow and wind damnit!

Then of course it changed again, saying that there was a chance of light snow with no accumulation BEFORE 10am... So now that they think there MIGHT be accumulation of less than an inch AFTER 10am, I'm REALLY confused!

Otherwise, all is clear as of 3am in north Portland. NW and downtown were quiet on my way home. I was getting light snow with some rain mixed in in northern Vancouver around midnight, and that's all I've seen so far.
Hmm, radar looks clean on the NWS site too. Bah.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:54:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Here's  your storm
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:12:44 AM EDT
[#2]
After living in SE Alaska for 18 years, I learned one thing: DA WEATHERMAN IS FULLA SHIT!!! They give themselves outs, like "50% chance of rain......." It might rain, but then again it might not, so its a 50% chance......Duh, I coulda fucking told you that!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Todays weather is brought to you by Les Schwab Tires home of free beef and Joes Sports, Outdoor & More. Ever wonder if they throw a crappy forcast out once or twice a year just for the sponsors to make a buck mounting snow tires or selling chains and snow boards.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Although it is snowing now here in Newberg, I hear you on the weatherman thing. I want a job were I get paid to make guesses, tell tens-of-thousands of people, be wrong ALL the time, and not get fired for it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I counted ~ 97 snowflakes here in the burgeoning metropolis of Falls City. Now it looks like the sun is trying to break through in spots.

We can do w/o the wind though. After last year's storm we were out of power for three days.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Although it is snowing now here in Newberg, I hear you on the weatherman thing. I want a job were I get paid to make guesses, tell tens-of-thousands of people, be wrong ALL the time, and not get fired for it.

Sounds like you're ready for a job in politics.

Nick
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Its snowing here in Forest Grove.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#8]
SE portland too
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Dumping snow at my house...

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Dumping snow at my house...

i186.photobucket.com/albums/x115/coctailer/DSC00052.jpg

i186.photobucket.com/albums/x115/coctailer/DSC00051.jpg

Dude, we should totally have a pool party!

SW Portland-  Snowing when I got up at 9 and still snowing.  Light then hard.  The family in Seaside just called and it is snowing there as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]
not really snowing out here in forest grove.

Weathermans are like watching the dems fight it out for president.  one says they will be hard on terror, by the end of the day Obama wants to invade Iran.  Its all sensationalism.  the louder, more violent they predict the storms will be, the more people will tune into the new to see if the trees in their back yard are are going to get blown through their living room.  Its lame, but its our wonderful liberal media at its best.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
not really snowing out here in forest grove.

Its still lightly snowing where I am.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#13]
but it needs to stick, and stick good.  need to go out and rally the subi through the city streets and empty parking lots tonight.  want to be able to cook an egg on the diffs by the time I am done
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
but it needs to stick, and stick good.  need to go out and rally the subi through the city streets and empty parking lots tonight.  want to be able to cook an egg on the diffs by the time I am done

I'll go with you. I've got a MazdaSpeed6 I want to try it with.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll go with you. I've got a MazdaSpeed6 I want to try it with.

magic 8 ball says " outlook not so goo"

Its now raining lightly  wish there was some mystical big empty lot in the coast range somewhere where one could go in a time of need such as this.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#16]
i think i read somewhere a couple years back that a weatherman in mexico was hung for wrong forcasting...he said it would rain and all the farmers started doing what they needed to do to prepare their fields and i didn't rain for weeks costing them money...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, it hit out West of here pretty good. My employee that works Saturday with me got all fuckered up West of Alsea this morning.....he was an hour late getting into town. Bad ice in a few spots, almost slid off about a 20' bank.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Well it was as dark as hell in Tualatin at 4:16 PM as we picked up the Xmas Tree (cue Charlie Brown Xmas Music)

But aside from the steady rain, not much of a storm.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#19]
What a huge disappointment.  Asshat on the radio at 7:00AM said - 4 to 6" above 500ft.  We didn't get 4 to 6 flakes.

Death Storm 2007!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#20]
The wind that "Should" be rollin in tomorrow is whats gonna make this fun. I'm used to 100MPH winds from living in Se Alaska...but, so was everyone else. Here, no one is ready, so it's more entertaining.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What a huge disappointment!!!

Yup!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The wind that "Should" be rollin in tomorrow is whats gonna make this fun. I'm used to 100MPH winds from living in Se Alaska...but, so was everyone else. Here, no one is ready, so it's more entertaining.

While I would like to see snow more....I would also like to see some good wind!

We will see come tomorrow
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#23]
From accuweather:

WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM SUNDAY TO 10 PM PST

MONDAY FOR THE GREATER PORTLAND AND VANCOUVER METRO AREAS...THE
CENTRAL AND SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY...AND THE LOWER COLUMBIA AND
INTERSTATE 5 CORRIDOR IN SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON.

A WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM SUNDAY TO 10 PM PST
MONDAY.

SOUTH WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 50 MPH ARE
EXPECTED SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND AGAIN MONDAY AS TWO STRONG WEATHER
SYSTEMS MOVE THROUGH. THERE WILL LIKELY BE A BRIEF DECREASE IN
THE WINDS SUNDAY NIGHT...THOUGH IT WILL STILL BE RATHER WINDY.
WINDS OF THESE SPEEDS HAVE CAUSED SOME TREE DAMAGE AND POWER
OUTAGES IN THE PAST...ESPECIALLY IN URBAN AREAS. THE WINDS WILL
DECREASE MONDAY NIGHT ONCE THE ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT MOVES
THROUGH.

A WIND ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS ARE FORECAST TO BE
31 TO 39 MPH OR GUSTS WILL RANGE BETWEEN 45 AND 57 MPH. WINDS OF
THESE MAGNITUDES MAY CAUSE MINOR PROPERTY DAMAGE WITHOUT EXTRA
PRECAUTIONS. MOTORISTS IN HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES SHOULD USE
CAUTION UNTIL THE WINDS SUBSIDE.

BTW: There's this neat add-on for FireFox called "ForecastFox" that puts the weather in your status bar.  At a glance I can see the forcast for Sunday is rain, 45 deg, and Monday is rain, 51 deg. It tells me if there is an advisory like that above, and I can get the current Doppler too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top