Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2006 6:38:00 PM EDT
Fun place to shoot?  Sure just as long as no one else is there.  

Thoughts of the day:  Its not fun to be down range when some one starts shooting.

Lucky for me no caps wound up in my ass.
Joining the CVSC ASAP.  At the very least i can use it to score surp 30-06 from the CMP.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I never go downrange if I am alone.   I also wear bright clothing up there as well.

Too many yahoos at Browns motivated us to join TCGC and it has been by far the best money we've spent.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Start shooting back.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
thing is i wasnt alone, i had a buddy up at his truck and i told everyone when i headed downthere and it looked like they all heard me.  Although i have to admit that the lady shooting the pistol was a noob, and she almost shit herself when she saw me.  by the time i got up there she was shaking, needless to say she will never do that again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Start shooting back.

That is EXACTLY what i told everyone before i headed down there.  too bad i forgot the tupperware on the tailgate of the truck
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
thing is i wasnt alone, i had a buddy up at his truck and i told everyone when i headed downthere and it looked like they all heard me.  Although i have to admit that the lady shooting the pistol was a noob, and she almost shit herself when she saw me.  by the time i got up there she was shaking, needless to say she will never do that again.

Uh... glad that "buddy" was looking out for you.

Seriously, your "buddy" should be watching what the hell is going on at the firing line while you're down there doing whatever.  If he's not paying enough attention then get another "buddy" to go shooting with...

And another thing, "it looked like they all heard me" is LAME!  I go over and introduce myself, tell them I'm going down-range and make sure they understand that means the range is COLD and NO HANDLING OF WEAPONS.   I'm not saying these people weren't idiots, but take extra precautions when you're out shooting in a common area with people you don't know.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]

I dont go down range w/o my rifle and a mag or two...

Mark.

Link Posted: 10/11/2006 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
When there's a ceasefire called at a public range, I'm never the first one past the firing line and never the last one back.  Been there done that.  ONCE.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad your OK, sounds like your buddy need ass kicking!
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Mark.

+1

Link Posted: 10/12/2006 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark.

+1

Ditto on that.   Anybody remember Larch Mtn a couple years back?    
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Is Brown's Camp fully open for shooting?
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark.

+1

Ditto on that.   Anybody remember Larch Mtn a couple years back?    

Sure do, as well as lolo pass about 6-7 years ago.
I pulled into the pit in the dalles a few weeks ago to find some jackass at one end shooting accross the parking area. The ignorance of some is amazing.

Just remember folks you carry a gun for the same reason you wear a seatbelt, just in case.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#13]
For those unaware, a couple years ago there were 2 guys who were out plinking at Larch Mt when some a-hole punks decided to go ahead and shoot them just to see what it was like.   Always keep a loaded firearm on you and be aware of anyone else who shows up.  It's not as much an issue when there are alot of people present but if you're just up in the boonies shooting be safe and keep an eye on anyone who shows up.    

I take it a step further and make sure my primary rifle always leaves with a full magazine and I always keep a sidearm on me that's fully loaded at all times.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#14]
After I got my ccp the wife and I had a conversation about packing in church. She felt god will protect us and I was foolish for even thinking about it.
The next sunday we get in the truck and I don't put my seat belt on or my 2 small boys. Needless to say the wife freaks out to which I reply " don't worry honey we are going to church God will protect us". Point made.

Good to hear you are ok.
Sorry for the hijack
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I was strapped as one of the groomsmen at HOTPINK's brothers wedding.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
After I got my ccp the wife and I had a conversation about packing in church. She felt god will protect us and I was foolish for even thinking about it.
The next sunday we get in the truck and I don't put my seat belt on or my 2 small boys. Needless to say the wife freaks out to which I reply " don't worry honey we are going to church God will protect us". Point made.

Good to hear you are ok.
Sorry for the hijack

I love these stories.  Excellent way to make a point :)
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Excellent!
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
For those unaware, a couple years ago there were 2 guys who were out plinking at Larch Mt when some a-hole punks decided to go ahead and shoot them just to see what it was like.   Always keep a loaded firearm on you and be aware of anyone else who shows up.  It's not as much an issue when there are alot of people present but if you're just up in the boonies shooting be safe and keep an eye on anyone who shows up.    

I take it a step further and make sure my primary rifle always leaves with a full magazine and I always keep a sidearm on me that's fully loaded at all times.  

Sh*t!   I hadn't heard that one.  Well, I'm new to most of this (not much more than a year) and it doesn't surprise me that I hadn't heard the story.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I always leave one magazine for everything i bring loaded, arriving and leaving til i get to an area that's away from the other shooters and remove them and store them and then it's the nice drive home. I don't go down range anymore since i don't like being far from my vehicle with my belongings when strange people are near.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I always leave one magazine for everything i bring loaded, arriving and leaving til i get to an area that's away from the other shooters and remove them and store them and then it's the nice drive home. I don't go down range anymore since i don't like being far from my vehicle with my belongings when strange people are near.

Maybe Sortafast can loan you his shooting buddy -- he'll watch your car real well.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Sweet!  
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#22]
You always gotta watch out for others while shooting.  This one time I saw someone not paying attention to their kid while he was swinging around the barrel towards others at the firing line.  It took somone else to yell at the kid to get the dads attention.  Personally, id rather drive the extra distance to find a secluded spot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Good to hear you are ok.
Sorry for the hijack

I always give them the, "God also gave you free will." speech on that one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You always gotta watch out for others while shooting.  This one time I saw someone not paying attention to their kid while he was swinging around the barrel towards others at the firing line.  It took somone else to yell at the kid to get the dads attention.  Personally, id rather drive the extra distance to find a secluded spot.

yeah but I still found you with Tactical Segway !.. lol that was great.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I've heard so many of these stories that I'm only going to Brown's or memloose if it's an arfcomm HTF event.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I've heard so many of these stories that I'm only going to Brown's or memloose if it's an arfcomm HTF event.

This is why I paid for a gun club membership over a year ago. When it works out...a little less than $10/mo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Those experiences are what adds to the excitment!
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Those experiences are what adds to the excitment!

Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I just back from Brown's camp.....Everyone was very nice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I went about a week ago, on a Tuesday morning, before dawn, to break in my AR.   A buddy went with me (he has a new Remington 11-87 12ga  and DAMN that thing has some kick).  Even at SEVEN FREEKIN TEN AM there were some strange folk driving around up there peering in.

I had the G19 [Just for Gunkata] on my belt loaded up with Ranger 124g +P
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I just back from Brown's camp.....Everyone was very nice.

Even to you?  Really?

Just kiddin' buddy.

Mark.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top