Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:32:10 AM EDT
Me and some buddies will be in Portland March 17-19.  Anyone have some ideas of fun stuff we can do that doesn't cost a whole ton of money?  Maybe we can meet up with anyone in the area and hang out? goto dinner?  Post your ideas!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Well to get the ball rolling...pretty sure there's a gun show at the Portland Expo Center that weekend.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well to get the ball rolling...pretty sure there's a gun show at the Portland Expo Center that weekend.  

Yep. There is and I will be there sat and sunday.
Will leave the other stuff up to those that live in PDX. I am an hour out of town.
CH
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will leave the other stuff up to those that live in PDX. I am an hour out of town.
CH

I'll be there one of those days.  Gotta drop off a barrel or two for Mark McWillis to do his magic...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

I'll be there one of those days.  Gotta drop off a barrel or two for Mark McWillis to do his magic...

I think Mark is out of town until the end of the month. Not saying TROS wont be there, i just recall him being gone.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

I think Mark is out of town until the end of the month. Not saying TROS wont be there, i just recall him being gone.

As long as they can take my barrel, thread it, and have it back to me before the shoot in June, I don't care who is there...

ETA:  We could meet up at a bar/restaurant after the funshow!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I think im going to be at the funshow I hope.   I might drop off a barrel too.
Im down for some food and drinks afterwards as well.

Prompt, you know prices for treading?
most likely a couple 22's,  a 10-22 and a marlin for me
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think im going to be at the funshow I hope.   I might drop off a barrel too.
Im down for some food and drinks afterwards as well.

Prompt, you know prices for treading?
most likely a couple 22's,  a 10-22 and a marlin for me

A couple people here have had Mark do theirs.  About $60 IIRC.  But I'm not sure...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
well, I'll check with my buddies, but if we can co-ordinate a time and place to meet up for the fun show or exchange cell numbers or something.  I'm totally up for food/drinks afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#9]
humm i need a coupple of mags for the XD... and of course ammo... *ALLWAYS AMMO*
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, so I checked with the guys.  They all say it'd be cool to go to the gun show and meet up with anyone willing to hang out.  Does anyone know what time would be good to meet at the show?  I imagine the locals would be more useful in figuring out where to go afterwards so we can plan that then.   I also imagine if we exchanged cell numbers this could be co-ordinated alot better.  What say you all?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
so anyone who wants to meet up at the gun show and then go to dinner/drinks afterwards IM me I guess.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#12]
no one?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm still down for dinner that evening
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Isn't it Saint Patty's day?

Whos up for some vomitting????!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Whos up for some vomitting????!!

Didn't you vomit enough Saturday night?  

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#16]
No vomit from WS on Saturday surprisingly, I am so greatful.

Some fun places that are casual, good music, food, and beer are places like Blue Moon McMenamins on NW 21st, Ringlers McMenamins NW Burnside, Kells, Bridge Port Brewery, Rogue Brewery.

Most of these places are downtown NW Portland and are easy to get on and off the freeway from. If you need something to do during the day if you aren't going to be at the funshow both days..... The Saturday Market is pretty cool, lots of good people watching, and food, sometimes the music is okay and sometimes the air smells like an armpit but really cool hand made things and it's right near the waterfront.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I know a place with cheap steaks on that side of town, nice view too.

The fun shows are always a good waste of time and sometimes a good deal can be found on beef jerky and airsoft guns.  Also sportsmans is not that far from there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Gotta love the 'Crop.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta love the 'Crop.

Who doesn't?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta love the 'Crop.

Who doesn't?

They serve food there?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Taco's mostly...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:03:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I should turn in my man card.  I work about 4 blocks from the 'Crop and have still not been there for lunch yet...

Mark.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mark.

Dude, not somthing I would have made public
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok, today is the day we leave.  We'll be leaving around 4pm, and probably getting there around 8ish.  If anyone wants to meet up at the gun show I'll be wearing a blue cap, with a black windbreaker, and a camo AC/DC tshirt.

ETA: we'll be there from 11am to about 2.  There's talk of dinner at 6ish at Henry's Tavern in the pearl district, if anyone wants in on that you can meet us there.

ETA2:  Change of plans, we're going to be at the show around 10:30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top