Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:12:25 PM EDT
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=270253
comments?

The store is "The Gun Broker" off 82nd in Clackamas...

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll make it a point to never shop there.

ETA Some business owners must be extremely stupid, and must have never taken a marketing class.  If a customer is disatisfied, they are going to tell a lot of people.  This clown just lost a lot more money by not making things right for the customer.  Simply unbelievable.  Customer service really is everything.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll make it a point to never shop there.

ETA Some business owners must be extremely stupid, and must have never taken a marketing class.  If a customer is disatisfied, they are going to tell a lot of people.  This clown just lost a lot more money by not making things right for the customer.  Simply unbelievable.  Customer service really is everything.

Well considering they named their establishment "Gun Broker" when theres already gunbroker.com

I'd say they border the realm of retardation.... damn near a trademark infringement...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:47:15 AM EDT
[#4]
They were around long before the dot-com..........sorry to hear about the problem there, I've allways been treated well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#5]
There is another "Gun Broker" in Tigard.
I have purchased a couple of guns there, one was a new GP100 (357mag Ruger) and P223 (.380 semi-auto) for my wife.

The Ruger was fine -- The P223 is sort of fine too, except that they insisted that it was new, but when I got it home and took a good look at it, it was obviously in "NRA New Condition", but not new. Of courss they charged the new price.

I didn't gto back there for a long time - then decided to give them another try. They are listed as a distributor for Tactical Solutions barrels (as is just about every other gun dealer in OR, and most of them know nothing about it -- different story...). Anyway, they don't stock Tacical Solutions barrels, but would order one.

Now, I know from talking to Tactical Solutions that their list price is intended as an MRSP, with plenty of discount for dealers to make a very reasonable profit, and even give discounts if they so desire, and in the case of the Ruger pistol barrels, enough headroom to cover FFL transfer fees.

This weasle wanted to charge list + profit + transfer fees for a Ruger barrel.

They are very unlikely to get any of my business again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Why don't we get some more information from the gentleman who got screwed, and organize a letter-writing campaign to these jackasses?

We write letters to our politicians, why not flood this guy's mailbox with 10, 20, even 100 letters from Oregon residents decrying his screwing over one of our fellow gun owners, and vowing not only to never shop there again, but to tell everyone we know that they screw their customers?

Probably be a lot more effective than phone calls, since they'd have a hard copy with multiple different signatures.

ETA:  Picketing is legal in Portland, still, isn't it?  We could go protest in front of this store...

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why don't we get some more information from the gentleman who got screwed, and organize a letter-writing campaign to these jackasses?

We write letters to our politicians, why not flood this guy's mailbox with 10, 20, even 100 letters from Oregon residents decrying his screwing over one of our fellow gun owners, and vowing not only to never shop there again, but to tell everyone we know that they screw their customers?

Probably be a lot more effective than phone calls, since they'd have a hard copy with multiple different signatures.

ETA:  Picketing is legal in Portland, still, isn't it?  We could go protest in front of this store...

While that would certainly get most business owners attention, hemmroid simply doesn't give a shit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Whenever I have had a problem at the Clackamas Gunbroker they went the extra mile to fix it.  They gave me the wrong caliber ammo, they replaced it with two boxes.  Used Kimber didn't have a wrench, they gave me one from their toolbox.  I can't vouch for the prices, but they have been a model of customer service.  Unfortunately, in retail people expect a great deal.  My least favorite part of my job is doing returns; you have to take an enormous amount of crap from people and smile.  Given my previous experiences there, I feel we might not have the whole story.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Given my previous experiences there, I feel we might not have the whole story.

You may have gotten an apple your last visit but others have gotten lemons.

Boo is right, these guys have been around long before the dotcom craze and do things the way they always have. I have done business with them for the better part of 10+ years. Never once has the CS ever impressed me. A few times they flat out pissed me off treating me as if I knew nothing about firearms. Given that my trips there are limited to "if I ma in the area only". I wont send peopel there, I wont go out of my way to stop.

My point is that your good luck with them is a good for you, but not everyone!
CH

Oh and welcome to the boards!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:Boo is right, these guys have been around long before the dotcom craze and do things the way they always have. I have done business with them for the better part of 10+ years. Never once has the CS ever impressed me. A few times they flat out pissed me off treating me as if I knew nothing about firearms. Given that my trips there are limited to "if I ma in the area only". I wont send peopel there, I wont go out of my way to stop.

Big +1

Although their other location seems to be decent from my limited dealing with them...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A few times they flat out pissed me off treating me as if I knew nothing about firearms.

It pisses off others also, even if you don't have a ton of knowledge about firearms, no need to make others feel inferior.

ETA:spelling
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There is another "Gun Broker" in Tigard.
I have purchased a couple of guns there, one was a new GP100 (357mag Ruger) and P223 (.380 semi-auto) for my wife.

The Ruger was fine -- The P223 is sort of fine too, except that they insisted that it was new, but when I got it home and took a good look at it, it was obviously in "NRA New Condition", but not new. Of courss they charged the new price.

I didn't gto back there for a long time - then decided to give them another try. They are listed as a distributor for Tactical Solutions barrels (as is just about every other gun dealer in OR, and most of them know nothing about it -- different story...). Anyway, they don't stock Tacical Solutions barrels, but would order one.

Now, I know from talking to Tactical Solutions that their list price is intended as an MRSP, with plenty of discount for dealers to make a very reasonable profit, and even give discounts if they so desire, and in the case of the Ruger pistol barrels, enough headroom to cover FFL transfer fees.

This weasle wanted to charge list + profit + transfer fees for a Ruger barrel.

They are very unlikely to get any of my business again.

Hey was this like a couple weeks ago? and You called them on the phone? I think i was there when that was going on. LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top